Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Lake Michigan Luau and Surf Party - Great Lakes Surfing Assoc.

Pages: 1 2 replies

We're having a bash in July and all around the Great Lakes are welcome to the party... surfers and non surfers! The planning continues for more in the works... for an insight into the GLSA check out our website... http://greatlakesurfing.com/

Updates to come on this thread in the future!

Announcing,
GLSA Luau and Surf Festival
Saturday August 21st from dawn till we’re done
New Buffalo, Michigan at the Municipal Pavillion across from the Beach. Featuring a pig roast prepared by a local surfer and world class chef.
Why New Buffalo? New Buffalo is centrally located to all Great Lakes Surfers
State Park with camping 10 minutes away (Warren Dunes) Reasonable Hotel lodging in the area. The Surfer Friendly Community is very cooperative. Above average possibility of getting surf in the area. If we have surf, the ESA/Great Lakes region will host a contest. This function is open to the public and we encourage all to attend.
We will be applying for a permit for an adult beer garden. Alcohol is not allowed in city parks and will not be permitted outside the confines of the pavilion.  

Why?
Do you really need a reason to have a rip roaring party?  

Oh yeah it’s a fundraiser for the GLSA, proceeds from beverage and dinner sales will go to the GLSA.
Here is where we need help.
The city will provide us with a portable stage and power but I can safely guarantee you don’t want me doing Karaoke. So in lieu of the Taylor triplets singing Barbara-Ann does anyone have any contacts for a musical group who will perform play pro-bono (free)?  Reggae or Surf Music would be best but I don’t think we’ll turn anyone away. The High School Marching band already said no.  
We encourage surfers with surf inspired talents to represent with a table of their handy work.
Surfboard exchange, got a board or equipment for sale. Bring it along. This one is not to be missed!!!!
If you have a particular talent you feel would help at this event please let me know.
(aside from a kazoo recital.)

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-03-09 22:53 ]

LakeSurfer,

Good so see surfing clubs organized where ever there are surfers. Your mission statement is similar to ours at San Onofre Surf Club regarding keeping the beach clean and not being agro in the water (yeah, hard to believe Bong's cool to others in the water).

I collect surfing stuff and would trade you a San Onofre Surf Club decal for a Great Lakes one. What do you say?

Sounds good Bong... PM me your address... I'll send you mine... I'll drop the sticker in the mail... I only have one left right now... have to have a new batch made up...
Thanks...

Pages: 1 2 replies