Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Finished "Big Gorilla..." Painting

Pages: 1 13 replies

Here's the finished painting...

" Big Gorilla In Little Car ", 30 x 40 cm, Acrylic on PVC...

...here's some detail...

...and the frame (too big to scan the whole frame)...

Nice!

I really like it Thorsten, the cat in the back looks sooo unimpressed, sad almost.

S
SES posted on Wed, Mar 10, 2004 11:59 AM

The cat reminds me of "I Dream of Jeanie". Too funny...

You need to start a Thorsten thread in "Creating Tiki" and put all your paintings into one spot! Would be much easier for us to find and keep track of them.

(I think he's trying to keep his tiki/non tiki things separate)

S
SES posted on Wed, Mar 10, 2004 4:32 PM

The "Creating Tiki" section was created specifically to showcase TC'ers talents.
It's better to have everything under one main thread than a separate thread for each and every painting title. I'll easily remember the artist name but hardly ever will remember the title of a specific painting. Just makes the search work smoother for people to find things.

H

On 2004-03-10 16:32, susane wrote:
The "Creating Tiki" section was created specifically to showcase TC'ers talents.

It's true that it does serve the purpose of showcasing TCers talents, but that's not why it was created. It was created to discuss the process of creating things related to tiki. Thorsten's website is a great place to see all of his art in one place, including the non-tiki stuff.

Another great piece, Thorsten! I hope I can make it up for that San Francisco show, it sounds like it's going to be killer. When are you going to show in LA?

M
mig posted on Wed, Mar 10, 2004 6:13 PM

OOO OOO OOO EEP EEEP! Me likee.

mig

Bad ass! That's my favorite as of yet.

The dude definitely knows where he's headin..

T

I think a Thorsten Thread in Creating Tiki is a good idea. I don't mind if there isa mix of tiki and non tiki paintings in the thread, we all know he does tiki stuff...

Awesome piece, where ever you post it. Your brush stokes are inspired.

First of all, thanks!

Whatever you want, peeps! But I think that I agree with Humuhumu's opinion that my website is the place to see all my work, updated every few weeks...

PERSONALLY I think that when you have ONE thread per artist it'll get unclear...a new painting is posted in a new thread, you see it, maybe make a comment, and after a few days the thread is at the bottom, time for a new one :wink: ...

S
SES posted on Mon, Mar 15, 2004 4:18 AM

You are missing the point of the what the thread does or rather the "power of the thread". If it's one thread representing a single artist then it works out as a showcase for all the paintings, artwork, etc. and the new things added just bump it back to the top and bring attention to ALL the work in one place if people haven't seen it before then that brings even more attention to your work. I think it works much better for the artists that way.
When you do them for each individual item then people have to search TC to find the others if they are interested in the work as well as check out the website.
:wink:

Yeah, like I said, whatever you want! Wether it's a new thread or a collection of work it's fine with me...just tell me! Maybe I can start a "selected works" thread with my next painting...

Pages: 1 13 replies