Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Awfully Quiet...

Pages: 1 15 replies

without all those guys who are working so hard on Hala Tiki not posting... (trolling for pictures) I wonder how everything is going (trolling for stories)... Can't wait to see the results...

Best of luck the rest of the week guys!

Here, have a look see at the Tiki lounge I finished building over the weekend:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34ece1e6510

Hot Dang there Matt! I'm one jealous Pea.

MY KINGDOM for a spare bedroom, and a real basement! argh.
Pea

Boss pad Matt,
It looks like you've got some nice Ashcraft pieces.
Nice mix of Tiki and mid century Bachalor-Pad... I think I need to belly up to the bar.
Aloha,
:tiki:

Thanks Pea!!! Did all the construction on the room myself too...

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34f163a4514

[ Edited by: mattfink on 2004-03-11 12:20 ]

Very nice Matt.
Thanks for sharing.
KG

Hey MattFink,

Great looking room! Only one problem, the wakefield pieces don't really fit. So how about I come by and take them off your hands for you?

Thanks guys! I was thinking about trading all the wakefield for some big brown oversized leather couches and a big screen tv.....NOT!!!!

M

Great looking room. Is there a reason the tiki to left of the velvet in picture #11 is upside down? Is it a like a pentagram: secret devil tiki?

Wow, not bad for a fink, Matt! This pad shows some real love for the subject, a fine mixture of modern and primitive, a showroom for the genre. Now we wanna see it with some drunken whities doin' the jig!

(...and he hung the palmfrond Tiki upside down as a TEST for his guests!)

Very cool; and the lighting and shadows look great.

C

Tiki and Hey Wake...two great tastes that go great together!!

Hot damn Matt, that is a room you can enjoy a Mai Tai in! Nice work, nice Tikis.

M

To be honest, I thought that was right side up...hard to tell with that one...no, I mean that's the secret Devil Tiki...yeah, that's it!!

On 2004-03-11 16:35, martiki wrote:
Great looking room. Is there a reason the tiki to left of the velvet in picture #11 is upside down? Is it a like a pentagram: secret devil tiki?

matt, I kinda like that palm frond tiki upside down! looks like he has a huge head dress.

Love your room, it looks to be the same colour as my 'green room'. I can picture it full of happy guests consuming all sorts of tasty concoctions.

Unfortunately, I have to convert my basement into a suite, which makes your construction pictures very interesting! I need to install pot lights and a ceiling just like you've done. Nice job!

Thanks, the ceiling was actually one of the easier parts to install...helps having a air compressor and nail/staple guns. However, it was pretty costly to put the recessed lights in...about $35 a piece.

Pages: 1 15 replies