Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Help me pick up my new rattan couch on Sunday?

Pages: 1 13 replies

H

Aloha all -

I just purchased a swell rattan couch with two matching chairs and an ottoman, and I have to move it from Long Beach to my apartment this Sunday afternoon. I don't suppose someone is available to help me? The individual pieces are all probably pretty light (the couch is a three-piece sectional), and it's all ground floor work on both ends, no flights of stairs or anything. The work should go really quickly. If anyone is able to come help me, I will reward by buying you dinner and drinks that night at the Beverly Hills Trader Vics. I'm having to rent a truck, too, so if you have a truck I can use, I'll have to do something extra special, buy you some Lemon Hart or something.

Mahalo nui loa!

TOO BAD YOUR ACCROSS THE COUNTRY, OR I WOULDN'T MIND. I LIVE IN SUNNY FT LAUDERDALE FLA. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING MY FIRST PLACE WITH MY NEW WIFE AND WE CAN'T WAIT TO BE ABLE TO GO OUT AND BUY NEW STUFF TO FULLY TIKIFY IT!

[ Edited by: CHEIF UNGA BUNGA on 2004-03-12 14:13 ]

I may be able to help you sunday depending on how saturday shapes up for me. Oh yeah I have a van to boot. If your intrested drop me a PM and I'll shoot you a phone number. so far I'm not booked for stuff this weekend But I'm likley to make some sort of plans by tonight, so If you would like them to be moving your new stuff then be in touch soon, (I'll check here before I make other plans). okay fine.

Don't you know if you buy any kind of furniture it must stay at least a week at the "Sothern California Tiki Housing and Storage" (aka Dr. Z's Cataway Lounge?)

TB

UtopianDreem & i have time on sunday & we have a truck as well, pm either one of us with timeframe.

S
SES posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2004 8:25 PM

Did you get it moved? How's it look in the new home?
:)

On 2004-03-12 14:10, CHEIF UNGA BUNGA wrote:
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING MY FIRST PLACE WITH MY NEW WIFE

"New" wife. What happened to the "old" wife? Is she a "New" wife to you? Was she someone else's "Old" wife prior to becoming your "New" wife?

Are you related to our member Unga Bunga (he's an "Old" member)

HUGE MAHALOS to Tiki Bird & UtopianDreem for lending a hand with moving my new living room set! It's so nice to not have to sit on the floor anymore. Everything is in a half-unpacked state all over my living room, so it's nowhere near the point where I'm ready to be taking any pictures -- as a matter of fact I don't even have couch put together entirely yet. Here's a eBay listing where I found it, though, with pictures of it in its former home:

My new living room set.

F**k me that's a killer set!!!! Worth every penny too!!! Congratulations!

Matt

Actually, I probably overpaid a bit -- I suspect that it's not very old, the bindings are plastic, and those pads aren't original, they were made two years ago (and not barkcloth, contrary to what the listing says). But I like it, and that's good enough for me. The rattan is in pretty good shape -- not too dinged up, though it's pretty dirty in spots. That black chair is SO COMFORTABLE! And the configuration will be good for entertaining.

C

It all looks fabuloso to me.

Very nice Humuhumu,
I love the curved sectional.
Dirty rattan is a breeze to clean-up. Oil id down and it will look super fab!
Aloha,
:tiki:

S
SES posted on Mon, Mar 15, 2004 3:31 PM

Looks great!

After reading Al's thread on the cushions costing $100 a pop to redo. Looks like just those alone make it worth a $1,000.
:wink:

Can't wait to see how the room looks when you get it finished.

H

The room won't ever be finished really -- I'm just in this apartment while I save up for a house, so I'm not going to spend much time or money decorating this place. Hopefully I'll be buying something sometime next year.

Pages: 1 13 replies