Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco/Keigs Masks Mounted at Last

Pages: 1 19 replies

Custom masks by Keigs- finally got them measured out and concrete-mounted today. Now the backyard jungle is complete.

Thanks Ken!

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

I like it!!

K

Wow! those lucky masks. Your place is amazing. Fatuhiva maybe you need a carved bench to set underneath the masks, then you could charge people $ to dress up like Hefner and have their picture taken. Just a thought. Again your place is great. Thanks for posting pictures.

Yeah, now lets recreate that famous "levitating breasts" picture!

Wow -- that looks awesome!

Hey, what's the story with the tiki on the right on pic 3?

Cool stuff!

PolynesianPop wrote:
Hey, what's the story with the tiki on the right on pic 3?

Oh yeah. I believe that is the one that Fatuhiva outbid me on. It at least went to a TC'ers home. It looks like it is very happy there.

C

I love them! Just finally bought a hard cover BOT and those beauties are striking in any era. Me want!

F

Glad you like the locale Keigs, if you're ever in FL, you should come by

SugarCaddy- whoops sorry about the outbid if that was the same one- was that the one that was in Texas, and had originally been in a Florida hotel? I thought it was ironic that it got shipped back to Florida after all to re-reside here.

Keigs sent me a picture of it from the Witco catalog- it was called the "God of Fortune" I think- It is still a bit weatherbeaten- a water sealing/wood rejuvenation is in its near future..

Could Trader Trick, Graphiki the Tiki Peekie, and I get invited to your place to meet you and behold your outstanding collection???? We're in Orlando.........used to live in Indian Harbour Beach back in the 80's.......grew up in Cocoa Beach in the 60's......anyway, I've adored all the photos you've posted and would love to meet you!!!!

Fatuhiva,

Your place looks fantastic. Is your pool area enclosed?

*On 2004-03-22 09:44, Tiki_Bong wrote:*Your place looks fantastic. Is your pool area enclosed?
Ya thinkin' of sneakin' over the fence, TB?

jk - it looks like screen to me. You California folks wouldn't understand the Southern bugs that can suck your blood dry before you can squeak "Deep Woods Off with Deet" or carry away your young'uns in the night. And they're not "palmetto bugs" either, dammit. They're f***ing ROACHES, and don't try to tell me differently.

Oh, uh, sorry. Nice pool Fatuhiva. And masks. And mounting job.

G*d, I hate roaches...

fatuhiva,

they're beautiful!

perfect placement, awesome location.

enviously,
-Tikiwahine

Keigs always does such awsome work. those masks look great by the pool. what a bad-ass looking pool area, i'm jealous.

L
Lars posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 2:53 PM

That really is beautiful work. I also am envious.

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-26 14:53 ]

TB

Yeah, that certainly does not suck.

Very very nice.

I would like to sleep on that bench for a few weeks. :wink:

Tiki Bree- you're welcome to stop by anytime. The tiki room is (STILL!) under construction, but i have been given a late-May deadline for general completion by my wife.

However the collection is out and about so that is viewable.

Shoot me a personal message and we can set something up.

Yep, thats screen around the porch. We live near a large preserve which means we get a chunk of bugs in the warmer months. We do get some mosquitoes, but those arent so bad, especially with the mosquitio-magnets you can get now.

The hell bug is the No-See-Um. Those things are these tiny black specks- like a pepper grain that pack such a wallop. It hurts to get bit, and then it ITCHES like crazy. Luckily i seem to be building up a tolerance for it- but guests can get hammered by them. They are usually out in the warmer months during the early evening- hell, theyre always out there. And whats worse is they fly right through that screen! It only cuts them down on a percentage basis.

I do like the screen though, becuase it cuts the wind and sun exposure down a tad, making it easier to grow tropicals.. thats basically what can save a pool area- planting lots of plants and getting some rocks in there. We had openings cut in the deck for planters when the deck was laid, but im trying to convince my neighbor to retro-cut some in his..

Brian, lets go get some burritos this week.

F

yo flounder- i sent you an email last week- never heard back- did you get it? I'll resend it tonight.

I've got a local tiki excursion in the works

TB

[i]
I've got a local tiki excursion in the works

Tell us about it and do count us in!!!
We love tiki excursions!!!

Pages: 1 19 replies