Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sam's Seafood for So Cal INTERATIONAL TIKI DAY

Pages: 1 2 77 replies

DZ

Whoa - hold on... the boat goes from 5 - 9? What time do the festivities at Sam's start, 'cause I wanna do BOTH, and I'd hate to miss anything!

On 2004-04-01 19:34, RevBambooBen wrote:

Just got back from the Reef Bar @ Caliente do'in a little fixin with my main man Mr. C'Al. Got a call from Bong the other night about this post (no computer access out there)and had no idea what was going on. Anyway, got to talkin with C'Al and we came up with a solution for this dilemma. I rented the Tiki Boat on Int. Tiki Day (8/14), out of Balboa from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. This is what we have lined up so far. There is a 1/2 hour pre party and a 1/2 hour after party. Full Hawaiian buffet. 3.00 Mai Tai's. Beer and Wine 2.00. (barf bags extra! Arrrr!!) And, APE (the band) will be playing on the boat. All this so far for 20.00 a head. The only drag is that there is a limit (for weight on the boat) so we'll have 125 spots available, instead of the full capacity of 140. Anyway, I'll have full info tomorrow and will post. (working on Tiki Farm as I write for the event mug. Also have a few other suprises in the line up and am working on a hotel down there for a group rate.) Hope this will work for everyone.

P.S.,

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

(Did you think I was really serious??)

(posting this yesterday on 4/1/04???)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

BB

Ben,

I cancelled my reservations at Sam's as next Monday was my last day to cancel and not lose my deposit. I thought you were serious. The post still seemed valid as today was April 2nd.

Is someone else wants to get the Sam's gig rolling again, the Smokin' Menehunes will play.

I had a bad week anyway after getting the boot from TC (that's why I logged on using my dauhgter's name) because of my careless postings, so when Pop told me you set up other plans I thought "hey, why not".

No worries. You're my bruddah. But now some else needs to get something going at Sam's if the date is still available.

DZ

On 2004-04-02 20:04, RevBambooBen wrote:

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!  

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

(Did you think I was really serious??)

"OUCH!! Damn, that one really hurt..." says Doctor Z, as he slaps himself on the forehead and morphs into a big, cellophane wrapped sucker (like on the old Bugs Bunny cartoons) and a trombone plays mocking sounds in the background.

Yep, got me hook, line and sinker on that one...

UB

On 2004-04-02 22:41, Baby Bong wrote:
Ben,

I cancelled my reservations at Sam's

SH!T!

OK...now I'm REALLY confused.

It's all about the Tiki, man!

Bong- When you called me at Caliente last week and you were stress'n out on what to do, I thought right then and there about a perfect April fools joke to play on you. I would have thought if you would have thought that I was serious about this , you would have at least called me. Maybe the whole gig was wrong from the get go. Like I said, "the way to thin out the list is to charge the people right away." The ones who pay go. The ones who don't, don't go. Even if you cancelled Sams there is 5 months to decide if you want to throw a party for International Tiki Day. I know you'll pull something off, brudda Bong! Maybe a OC Mini Crawl!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ouh man, I hate to see Bong bummed ! Even though I am condemned to work in the Fatherland til beginning of September, I fully support the (ANY) festivities for International Tiki Day!
C'mon: Where there is Tiki, there is a way!

Jeepers Creepers! I didn't really read through this post very carefully! Unfortunately, I was still sulking about the $68 bucks I lost at Sam's when I cancelled out.

Bong, please put me on the waiting list!
Damn, you snooze you lose!

Okay, for us poor slobs that can't get into Sam's, tell me please that we will still be able to get a commerative ITD#2 mug (that's if there will be one).

And for those that can't get in, cause it seems like I will be one of them, I will graciously offer my time and energy to planning. (Laney or anyone that is firming up any plans--let me know.)

On 2004-04-02 22:41, Baby Bong wrote:
Ben,
I cancelled my reservations at Sam's as next Monday was my last day to cancel and not lose my deposit.

Bong,

Inquiring minds want to know...why did you cancel the "Sam's Seafood for So Cal INTERNATIONAL TIKI DAY" party?

Read Lawgiver 29:6

[ Edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-04-05 11:38 ]

Well, I was banned from the board on April 1 and when I talked to my co-hort Poly Pop on his way up to SF, he told me about Ben's April Fool's post Re: him and Al renting the Tiki Boat.

We thought that since everyone seemed to be torqued about the 75 person capacity at Sam's, that Ben's message was the real deal. That and April 1 was the last day for me to cancel at Sam's and not lose my deposit.

Kind of reminds me about the Christmas when I was a kid and I wanted some toy or other that my mom obviously didn't/couldn't buy for me and I made a big scene over it, so on Christmas, guess what? I got nothing.

Don't worry though, Pop and I are lining something else up for ITD.

TM1

Gee whiz! You guys blew it big!

Ok, someone better fix this mess!!!

I want to play somehwere that day!!

UtopianDreem, I'm with you...I'm thoroughly confused now...

[i]
Don't worry though, Pop and I are lining something else up for ITD.

Looks like Plan C is getting put together as we type!

Sit tight folks -- I've been in talks with Mr. Bong and we've got something bigger in store for ITD. And yes, Sam's Seafood is still in the picture!

Major Announcement forethcoming, save the dates on you calendar -- August 13-15 for ITD Weekend!!!

UB

On 2004-04-05 18:58, PolynesianPop wrote:
Sit tight folks -- I've been in talks with Mr. Bong and we've got something bigger in store for ITD.

So. Cal. Tiki Crawl!
SCTC! SCTC! SCTC!

T

Is this all my fault?
My wife said let's do it again.
I said no, I have a wierd feeling.
Now I know why,
You are all out of your flippen gords!

Which way did he go George
Which way did he go

Bax, I'll be in contact soon... I need your help too.

Hey, why should allayoo tiki-elitists have all the fun? I live near Sam's...I'm gonna walk over there and scratch at the backdoor until they let me in, sold out or not! Man cannot live on "garage-tiki" alone.

Bump;
Any update?

Unga,
We are working out the details for this event. Once we've finalized everything I will make an announcement in a NEW thread with the schedule, hotel information, etc...

For now, I can tell you the dates are going to be August 13-15 with events happening on all three days. So clear your calendar!

Yeah, what Pop said.

(Pop Wait! Ben just said he rented a private island in Tahiti for the gig, so I guess ours if off.)

Thanks Pop!

Waiting list, shmaiting list. I'll be scratching at the back door!

On 2004-05-14 10:42, tikitortured wrote:

Dude, read the posts, the gig's cancelled. (but that doesn't mean you can't scratch on the door yourself)

C

You snooze, you loose. I have been around so little, I completely missed this boat. So, anyone who might be cancelling, or giving up a space (up to the last minute) please know I would love to pick-up and pay for your space.
Mahalo!

TM

On 2004-05-14 14:19, Tiki_Bong wrote:

On 2004-05-14 10:42, tikitortured wrote:

Dude, read the posts, the gig's cancelled. (but that doesn't mean you can't scratch on the door yourself)

Crosby, does that mean the whole tiki day is cancelled, or just us??

The last one was a blast!!!!

Does anybody know what time it is back on Earth??? Help mr. Wizaaaaaarrrddd....

Tiki_Bong-
I apologize for not reading ALL of the posts, but my offer still stands. I'll be on the lookout for the next development.
Mahalo!

Pages: 1 2 77 replies