Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Fundraiser Party this Saturday, March 20! (Nor. Cal)

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

Mrs Pineapple and I are riding in this year's AIDS Lifecycle, a 585 mile bike ride over 7 days from SF to LA, and we're having a fundraising party this Saturday, March 20th.

We are having a silent auction with some great tiki & non-tiki stuff to help us raise money toward our fundraising goal of $5000.

How is this tiki? Well, for starters the one and only Martiki and his lovely wife will be mixing up Grog Log masterpieces for everyone!

Beautiful Janice & friends from the halau will be dancing the hula!

Otto will be there!

All who are interested in helping us toward our goal can check this thread in Beyond Tiki for more details:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7565&forum=6&10

Then go to http://www.tikibot.com/auction/auction.html and check out a few of the items up for auction. Many items have been doanted by some of the talented & generous folks right here at Tiki Central!

We hope you can join us - it will be a lot of fun! Remember, this is a fundraiser, so even if you don't win an item at the auction, you are kindly asked to pledge whatever you can.

Map info is on the auction page link above.

Mahalo!

T

The big auction party is this Saturday, the 20th and we have some great tiki stuff to auction off, and some not-so-tiki stuff, too, like a private 1-1/2 hour tour of Pixar Animation Studios for you and up to 7 friends!

Our very own beloved Bamboo Ben created a snazzy custom-made "Pineapple Power" mini bar to auction, and there's mugs from Munktiki and the super exclusive & mysterious "von Stroheim Experience", and some super-rare issues of Tiki News!

I hope all you NoCal HT's can make it. It's for a great cause and it's gonna be a great night!

Just to recap:
Martiki at the bar!
Awesome auction items! (http://www.tikibot.com/auction/auction.html)
Real live real hula by Janice & friends!

Hope to see you Saturday!

Richard & Gretchen
"Team Pineapple"

See full details here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7565&forum=6&10

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: tiki-bot on 2004-03-18 17:04 ]

OK - I did NOT want to put that tiki bar up for auction, but after much soul searching, and back and forth with the Bamboos about whether I should 'snipe' the auction, we decided to let the market decide. It's up for auction, and it is AMAZING. We'll be so sad to see Pineapple PowerBar leave our home, but as Bamboo Ben pointed out, it's for the cause, man. So be it...Nor Cal Tiki Central-ites, check it out, you can take home a piece of history :)
and a swank little bar, and some cool mugs, and you can win a cocktail hour with the von Stroheim's, and pick up a few mixology pointers from Martiki! ALL IN ONE NIGHT!!!! what more could you ask for?? nothing, that's right, nothing. And the party will be over early, and you can still make last call at the Mallard!

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-03-18 23:18 ]

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-03-18 23:19 ]

Attn NorCal Tiki Freaks.

If Y'all wana do something real cool, pool your auctions together and get the bar for the Pineapple's first anniversary gift from all of yous. It's for the cause!! Aids is a F'up gig man!! Arrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Peace, Love and Tiki!

Can't wait! See you guys tomorrow night, and I'm bringin' my checkbook!

M

We should see if some AIDS charities would like to make bumper stickers with:

"Aids is a F'up gig man!! Arrrrrrrrrrrr!!!"

I think that nicely summarizes the situation.

(Just giving you the business, ben)

we're putting that on the back of our helmets!

we are getting ready, setting up the bar area for Martiki and Rebecca, cleaning and fueling up the tiki torches and sweeping the deck so the hula dancers will have plenty of room!
woo hoo, this is gonna be fun!
please come by, we have so much great stuff! and it is a great cause!
mahalo and pineapples!

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-03-19 21:55 ]

I saw my Dad raught away for 2 years with a inop brain tumor. Not something a Son wants to see. Weather it be Cancer, Aids, or what not, when it happens to you personally, Reality hits a chord! It would be great if they used that for a slogan. Anything to help.

AND THE WINNER IS...........

the SF AIDS Foundation!
We raised $3500 at our auction last night, the other big winner was ms. humuhumu, who bagged 3 big prizes, and pledged more money than anyone! She won the vonStroheim experience, the Pixar tour and Susane's beautiful dragonfly necklace!
Our good friends Paul and Maria took home the Pineappple PowerBar, and they are most excited to serve fine tropical drinks from it, it's in VERY capable hands, Ben, we feel good about the whole experience, thanks again! We do need to get them a copy of the Grog Log, so they can do justice to the legacy of fine mixing that began as they battled for the bar. Speaking of fine mixing, thanks again to Martiki, who was ably assisted by our friend Jeff, you may remember him as our Most Reverend Kitty Nitro's date at our wedding, or, that guy that passed out in the chair in room 211!
The party and auction were wonderful, we apologize for the lack of promised hula dancers, but your know what they say, you get what you pay for...

Many thanks to all of you who donated items, and came out and spent, and supported us! There are many more chances to support Team Pineapple, we'll be at the SF Crawl, and we'll be at the Oasis, so if you didn't make the party, you can still pledge!
thank you thank you thank you
xoxox
Team Pineapple

--
In June 2004 Team Pineapple will be riding their bikes 585 miles to raise money for AIDS education and services, please sponsor us!

check out our web page!
http://www.tikibot.com

For a pledge form you can go to the website, or email us and we'll send you one. Thank you!

To donate click here -
https://www.aidslifecycle.org/donate/form.cfm?n=122

to find out more about team pineapple click here
http://www.aidslifecycle.org/122

S
SES posted on Sun, Mar 21, 2004 7:24 PM

Great News!

Hope you took pics of the auction event and put them on the page!

:)

H

Man, did I score at the Pineapples' party! I'm looking forward to the Von Stroheim Experience, but I'm especially looking forward to my Pixar tour. It's being given by the fellow who had (note the lamentable use of the past tense) a tiki bar in his office. Sure to be a good time, and maybe I can do what I can to re-tiki-fy while I'm on the premises. Susane's dragonfly necklace is really beautiful, I'm bought it as a gift for a loved one, I'll be sure to post some pics before I send it so you can all see it. I also got some really tasty caramel corn, issue 15 of Tiki News, and a gift cert to Peet's Coffee. Of course, my pocketbook is significantly lighter, but it's for a good cause.

The ride looks like a lot of fun, but also a LOT of hard work -- seven days on the road. I'm already looking forward to the party once you guys get to LA.

I was pleasantly surprised by the tiki elements at the Mallard -- I understand Robin is to be thanked for that. Neat little place.

Thanks and good luck to the Pineapples! (And thanks to Martiki for the swell Painkillers. They worked!)

Pages: 1 10 replies