Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TikiMaxtons at SF Crawl

Pages: 1 8 replies

Well, it looks as if we're really going to be able to do this! We're driving down and will be meeting up with everybody at TVs on Friday night. We're too broke for the bus (as much as I'd LOVE to be on it), so we'll be tagalongs on Saturday, meeting everybody wherever the next stop is. Parking will be hell, I know...

We're looking forward to seeing our TC friends, and meeting those of you we haven't met yet. Yay! We're going to the Crawl! Yay!

On 2004-03-16 11:25, TikiMaxton wrote:
Well, it looks as if we're really going to be able to do this! We're driving down and will be meeting up with everybody at TVs on Friday night. We're too broke for the bus (as much as I'd LOVE to be on it), so we'll be tagalongs on Saturday, meeting everybody wherever the next stop is. Parking will be hell, I know...

We're looking forward to seeing our TC friends, and meeting those of you we haven't met yet. Yay! We're going to the Crawl! Yay!

I have never been on the receiving end of the Maxton's extreme generosity, but I know some who have. I propose this (and I know they weren't asking for this): I pledge $10.00 for their bus tickets. Can we get $110 more from other members?? -mrNORMALLYCHEAPsmiley

M

On 2004-03-16 11:25, TikiMaxton wrote:

Yay Axtons! Glad to have you down! On Friday at Vic's, we'll have the Shuttle Bus running for only $10 per head. You can leave the car at Vic's or Four Points or what not, and the bus will take care of you.

[ Edited by: martiki on 2004-03-16 12:17 ]

On 2004-03-16 12:01, mrsmiley wrote:

I propose this (and I know they weren't asking for this): I pledge $10.00 for their bus tickets. Can we get $110 more from other members??

I'll chip in $10!

Oh geez, Bruce, what a kind thought! I'm always humbled at the kindess and solidarity of our membership. But hey, $120 is a lot of dough, so don't sweat it.

As it turns out, Maggie may skip the Saturday night festivities (due to another commitment), so if I can scrape up $60 before the bus fills up, I might still be able to pull it off. In any event, I WILL be at the crawl, and I'll have a big Thank You to give Cindy and Bruce for their kind thoughts.

Howdy Maxton, it was worth a shot!!!
I just found out that I will be in Portland May13-16 for work and pleasure!! Hope to check out your place.-bruce

With the generous hospitality you've extended to the TC ohana, I can't imagine you two driving down and NOT getting on the bus!

The staff of the Spectacular East Indies Room will be more than happy to help sponsor your Saturday night fare with an additional 10 clams.

On 2004-03-19 12:20, mrsmiley wrote:
Howdy Maxton, it was worth a shot!!!
I just found out that I will be in Portland May13-16 for work and pleasure!! Hope to check out your place.-bruce

Bruce, you're absolutely welcome at Castaway Cove when you visit! And if you let us, the NW Territory Contingent will whow you a good time while you're in town.

Well, I managed to scape together the dough and get my reservation in just under the wire, so I'm ON THE BUS! I can't wait! Big mahalos to everybody who offered to chip in to help. I'm humbled and honored that you wanted me there badly enough to cough up cash! It lit a fire under my butt to be resourceful and figure it out for myself.

Unfortunately, Maggie won't be on the bus with me - we get down to Cali so rarely that we're spread thin when we do visit, so she's spending her Saturday with other friends. She'll be joining us Friday night, though.

Thanks again, everybody, and I'll see you ON THE FREAKIN' BUS!

Pages: 1 8 replies