Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

IRISH Tiki at Trader Vic's Emeryville 3-17-04

Pages: 1 18 replies

Sorry for the last minute noticce--it is corned beef and cabbage time at Trader Vics in Emeryville for St Patrick's Day. Join us for drinks at 6:45 or dinner at 8pm. IMPORTANT-if you want to join us for dinner, Email me at and include how many people you are bringing and your daytime or cell phone number so I can figure out how many are needed for the reservation. If you are doing only drinks, head over any time. Sorry for the last minute notice, hope to see you.

PS-St. Patricks day is Tiki Kiliki's birthday in Atlanta. I wonder if they serve corned beef and cabbage there, too??

TB

If they do serve corned beef & cabbage, it would be wrong to drink anything other that guiness, bass, harp, or smithwick's. Thats irish protocal.

J

You haven't truly lived until you've dunked your Irish soda bread in a Singapore Sling...

See you all TONIGHT!!!--mr smiley

On 2004-03-16 12:50, mrsmiley wrote:
Sorry for the last minute noticce--it is corned beef and cabbage time at Trader Vics in Emeryville for St Patrick's Day. Join us for drinks at 6:45 or dinner at 8pm. IMPORTANT-if you want to join us for dinner, Email me at and include how many people you are bringing and your daytime or cell phone number so I can figure out how many are needed for the reservation. If you are doing only drinks, head over any time. Sorry for the last minute notice, hope to see you.

PS-St. Patricks day is Tiki Kiliki's birthday in Atlanta. I wonder if they serve corned beef and cabbage there, too??

M

see you SOON!!

On 2004-03-17 11:31, mrsmiley wrote:
See you all TONIGHT!!!--mr smiley

On 2004-03-16 12:50, mrsmiley wrote:

Thanks for mentioning my birthday here! I had a great time here at Trader Vic's but couldn't stay long due to event obligations. Hope everyone had a great time!

On 2004-03-17 21:54, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Thanks for mentioning my birthday here! I had a great time here at Trader Vic's but couldn't stay long due to event obligations. Hope everyone had a great time!

It was a small and well behaved crowd. Went to the Conga Lounge for one drink afterwards, a "St Patrick" which had creme de menthe, green chartreuse, and I think whiskey. Served straight up in a martini glass. Tasted nice and minty but I think one was enough-more would have been scary!!!

Hope you all had fun last night.

I had to work a big event, 16 hour day. Came home, passed out (totally sober!), and dreamed that I was talking to someone who told me that Trader Vic's in Emeryville had closed, and the building was being converted into a dance club.

It was one of those dreams that is so realistic you don't realize you're dreaming.

I was very confused by the news, and tried to rationalize it: What happened to the Tikis, how come I didn't hear about it, no, wait, they're doing good business, well, they ARE re-opening in SF so maybe they closed Emeryville... oh, I'd better call Bruce or Dean or Mig or Lisa and get the scoop... I argued, in the dream, with the guy who told me about the closing, but he insisted.

Forgot all about the dream until I saw this thread and it all came back in a flash. Said to myself: "oh shit, they closed down Emeryville!... oh, no... wait... that was a dream wasn't it...?"

Yeah, that's what I get for going to bed sober on St Pats day while you're all having a good time at TVs!

On 2004-03-18 10:48, tikibars wrote:
Hope you all had fun last night.

I had to work a big event, 16 hour day. Came home, passed out (totally sober!), and dreamed that I was talking to someone who told me that Trader Vic's in Emeryville had closed, and the building was being converted into a dance club.

It was one of those dreams that is so realistic you don't realize you're dreaming.

I was very confused by the news, and tried to rationalize it: What happened to the Tikis, how come I didn't hear about it, no, wait, they're doing good business, well, they ARE re-opening in SF so maybe they closed Emeryville... oh, I'd better call Bruce or Dean or Mig or Lisa and get the scoop... I argued, in the dream, with the guy who told me about the closing, but he insisted.

Forgot all about the dream until I saw this thread and it all came back in a flash. Said to myself: "oh shit, they closed down Emeryville!... oh, no... wait... that was a dream wasn't it...?"

Yeah, that's what I get for going to bed sober on St Pats day while you're all having a good time at TVs!

YES JAMES, I think the nightmare of sobriety and the closing of Rock A TIki fused into this bad dream!!! :)

On 2004-03-18 11:05, mrsmiley wrote:
YES JAMES, I think the nightmare of sobriety and the closing of Rock A TIki fused into this bad dream!!! :)

Ah, yes, Bruce, perhaps you nailed it.

now, next time I see you I have this other dream about a giant snake that I want to tell you about....

On 2004-03-19 11:18, tikibars wrote:

On 2004-03-18 11:05, mrsmiley wrote:

Ah, yes, Bruce, perhaps you nailed it.

now, next time I see you I have this other dream about a giant snake that I want to tell you about....

QUIET JAMES!!!people might remember that I spent a few nights at your pad last year and the gals might all want to ask me about who has the giant snake!!! :)

M

I am not doing this this year--call them to make sure if anyone else wants to go.

I thought I was hallucinating when I was reading this post, since it was from last year, and today is the 16th, and the post said th 17th, and I signed for a package today and wrote the 16th...

I don't know, St Paddy's day at a bar is kind of amateur night. Nothing worse than some college chick puking green beer on you... a mai tai sounds so good though.

"You're the mayor of shark city, people think you want the beaches open."

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-03-16 18:42 ]

On 2005-03-16 18:41, mrs. pineapple wrote:

I don't know, St Paddy's day at a bar is kind of amateur night. Nothing worse than some college chick puking green beer on you... a mai tai sounds so good though.

That is the nice thing about Vic's today--there will be NO crowds! :)

On 2005-03-16 18:41, mrs. pineapple wrote:

Nothing worse than some college chick puking green beer on you... a mai tai sounds so good though.

in theory, blue curacao in a mai tai would make it green - ? whose gonna be our papua new guinea pig?

I will be there

IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

When I can go back in time to 2004.

This completely threw my week off, I was driving to work today, and I thought it was FRIDAY, and that I had completley missed St Patrick's day, and I was completely discombobulated. I think I need that green mai tai...

Erin go Brah!

Maybe I will go to a strip club on Broadway and see Erin go Brah-less!

A

Maybe I will go to a strip club on Broadway and see Erin go Brah-less!

Pick your club carefully, or you might end up seeing Aaron go brah-less.

-Randy

Pages: 1 18 replies