Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Need answers!

Pages: 1 22 replies

TM1

These are two questions, way beyond Tiki, that I was hoping some of you TC'ers would know the answer to.

In the movie "pulp Fiction" what is in the briefcase that is glowing green?

My other question: In the movie "13", what the heck happened to that woman's ears? Why is she all beat up?

hey tm,

regarding question #1, there is no definitive answer. quentin t intensionally made the answer to that question ambiguous. there are tons of theories out there, if you google the question.

the one i like is that it is marcellus wallace's soul. that makes brad and flock of seagulls some kind of demonic agents, and jules and vincent some kind of unwitting agents of redemption.

good ol Q sure is a sly lil guy, no? j$

I'm a big Pulp Fiction fan and I agree with J$. I think its his soul too. There's a scene in the movie where you can see the back of Marsellus Wallace's neck with a bandaid on it. It is purported that this is how/where the devil removes your soul. You'll notice in the scene where they go and get the soul, Jules experiences a "divine intervention." The theory is that they experienced this divine intervention because Jules & Vincent were acting as "soldiers of God" by retrieving Mr. Wallace's soul.

Look it up on Yahoo or Google. There's lot of fansites for Pulp Fiction and all the purported hidden meanings to the many things that happen in the movie.

I thought it was glowing gold myself....could represent the goodness of man trapped by evil? Could have been the "Holy Grail"...remember the briefcase when Vincent opens it he clicks the number to 666....definitely something worth killing/dying over.

B

Naw, the Briefcase held Travolta's Career! Now if he could only find it again.

tiki mick wrote:
In the movie "pulp Fiction" what is in the briefcase that is glowing green?..

There are theories, then there is the truth which is:

It's the Shecky mug prototype in all it's glory!

Ha, sorry, I just had to. Good question TikiMick.

(I bet we'll have a few Photoshop followup posts about MY answer though!)

Thanks!

That makes sense, because I had forgotten about the band-aid....

Now if anyone has seen "13"...I am still trying to figure out what happened to "evie's" legal guardians' ears..it looks like they were cut off and then sown back on..very strange indeed!!

i hate it when that happens...

M

On 2004-03-17 12:19, tiki mick wrote:
Thanks!

That makes sense, because I had forgotten about the band-aid....

Now if anyone has seen "13"...I am still trying to figure out what happened to "evie's" legal guardians' ears..it looks like they were cut off and then sown back on..very strange indeed!!

I understood it to be cheap back alley plastic surgery that was botched. I think they say as much in the film kind of quickly and quietly. Meant, no doubt, as a commentary about how fast these girls grow up and what kind of message their parents/guardians/role models send, when their so desperate for beauty that they'll take these risks.

Mick --
Check out this page for some interesting reading on the theories of what was in Marsellus' briefcase:

http://pulp.linuxroot.org/case.shtml

T

The Shecky Mug original plans are firmly and securely locked away on a cocktail napkin, maybe in this drawer... or is it this one? Aw hell, I have it around here somewhere....

S

The briefcase has what is left of the dead aliens from the trunk of the 64 Chevy Malibu in "Repo Man"

TM1

OK!
Thanks PolyPop! I checked out the link, and I think it is the soul....now I will look at the movie very differently.....!!

And thanks, Martiki, for the info!!

look at he big brain on J$!

I heard it on the Q.T. that this will be resolved in Kill Bill II.

On 2004-03-17 22:44, Bwana Tiki wrote:
look at he big brain on J$!

do i get a Big Kahuna Burger or a .45 slug in my chest?

A

What book was travolta reading when he went to kill Bruce Willis?
Mahalo,
Al

Why is it called a Hamburger, when it is made out of Cow???

On 2004-03-18 09:17, RevBambooBen wrote:
Why is it called a Hamburger, when it is made out of Cow???

because there's not a european town named "cowburg." :) although there is one called coburg... j$

On 2004-03-18 08:25, Alnshely wrote:
Mahalo,
Al

behold the power of google

On 2004-03-18 08:25, Alnshely wrote:
Mahalo,
Al

He was reading "Modesty Blaise by Peter O'Donnell. Quentin Tarantino chose this book in keeping with title Pulp Fiction because this book is exactly that - pulp fiction -- a magazine or book containing lurid subject matter characteristically printed on rough, unfinished paper.

The book was written in 1965.

Ooops - J$ beat me to it!

[i]On 2004-03-18 09:25, PolynesianPop wrote:
He was reading "Modesty Blaise by Peter O'Donnell.

I heard a rumor some time ago that Tarintino was planning to remake the 1966 film version of "Modesty Blaise".

This film has arguably one the best opening 10 minutes in cinema. After that, Brother, I wanted to shoot myself!

Pages: 1 22 replies