Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

St. patties day drink, quick and dirty

Pages: 1 12 replies

5 oz vodka, 3 oz midori then blend with ice. simple and good!. If you try rum and it works, let me know!.

T

On 2004-03-17 22:27, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
5 oz vodka, 3 oz midori then blend with ice. simple and good!. If you try rum and it works, let me know!.

Does anyone really like Midori? Ecch!

How about a pint of Guinness with a few shots of Bushmills? :)

T

Or a black and tan with Caffrey's Ale and Murphy's Stout? MMMMM

P

Tullamore Dew 12 year, on the rocks or neat.

Vodka and Midori? Gack!

T

"Don't you think you're being a little hard on the Beaver?"

I guess I'll think twice before posting any other recipes myself... you guys are harsh critics!

T

On 2004-03-18 13:53, tikifish wrote:

I guess I'll think twice before posting any other recipes myself... you guys are harsh critics!

Only if Beaver (twowheelintiki) takes it personally, and I hope he wouldn't. We know he appreciates a good drink as he's a Tiki Ti regular. I just don't like Midori. Probably because I had too much of it when I was a teenager. It's the same with me and Southern Comfort - one bad experience and it was over between us. Rum and coke makes me wanna gag too.

I know it's not st. paddy's day anymore (but if you're Irish EVERY day is st. paddy's day) but I remembered a cool drink I had while in a SF bar on Haight St.
Irish car Bomb:
1 pint of guinness
1 shot of bailys cream

Drop the bailys shot (glass and all) into the guinness and drink quickly (before it curdles)
mmmmm...tastes like candy...

On 2004-03-18 13:53, tikifish wrote:

It won't hurt as much after the callous builds up.

A

Does anyone really like Midori? Ecch!

Sure, I like Midori once in a while. What can I say, I like melons.

-Randy

N

On 2004-03-18 21:36, Polynesiac wrote:
I know it's not st. paddy's day anymore (but if you're Irish EVERY day is st. paddy's day) but I remembered a cool drink I had while in a SF bar on Haight St.
Irish car Bomb:
1 pint of guinness
1 shot of bailys cream

Drop the bailys shot (glass and all) into the guinness and drink quickly (before it curdles)
mmmmm...tastes like candy...

Polynesiac:

The pub I frequent serves this with a shot of half bailey's, half Irish Whiskey. Tastes great, feels like you were HIT with a car bomb. =)

Scott

Dug up this ol' thread to post my cocktail for St. Patrick's Day. The Declared Treuse! We'll be serving them at the next Radio Night at Lund Manor.

The Declared Truese
1 oz. green Chartreuse
1 oz Limoncello
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum
1 oz fresh lime juice
dash of Orange Bitters
dash of Blue Curacao (for color)

Shake with ice and strain into chilled cocktail glass.

Add a float of soda water and garnish with a lime wheel.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Éirinn go bráth!

As a college senior, I'm perfectly fine with informing you good gentlemen that an Irish Carbomb is a shot layered in varying proportions of Bailey's and Jameson irish whiskey, dropped into a 3/4 pint of Guiness and downed before it cuddles.

Pages: 1 12 replies