Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

how do I find locked topics?

Pages: 1 11 replies

TM1

You may very well think I am nuts (Ok, I am)

but I really, really, really enjoy reading the locked topics....some of the insults traded back and forth I actually consider to be art, they are THAT good and creative!

I really liked some of the contributions from Tiki Bong and some guy from texas..purely classic stuff! And super hilarious!

So, don't think I am being perverse, ok? But I tried searching with "locked topics" and it just showed some topics that had those actual words in it..my question: is there a list of ALL the locked topics, so I can read them at my liesure and possibly use some of the great insults on my Sister (who thinks she is super smart because she is younger then me and a lawyer to boot)?

By the way, I am not trying to start trouble..I really like those threads, and actually want to read them all!

Yep, I am that bored!!!

TikiMick~

To find locked topics the words "Topic locked" is what you need with the "Search in:" message body button clicked. That is the term most of the moderators use.

Keep in mind that this method only covers a small portion of topics that have been locked. To find each and every locked topic, you must look for this symbol:

To do that you must go to each page on each individual forum, look to the left of the names of each thread and see if it has the above mentioned symbol next to it.

Happy Scrolling.

P.S. TikiMick, you do realize that most people (esp. the moderators) are going to figure that you are looking at the past history of locked topics in order to find out "how, why, who, when" topics were locked and how it compared to your past situation.

It doesn't matter to me, but if it gets someone to actually use the [Search] feature, then more power to them.

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-03-18 20:57 ]

It doesn't matter to me, but if it gets someone to actually use the [Search] feature, then more power to them.

There's a search on TC?? Wo!

Some of the locked topics got that way because the arguments degenerated and stopped being the litery gems that a good flame war can be.
Its a wonder that nobodys made a book up out of good online arguments perhaps culled from forums like this.
My currant fravorite tiki central argument, well its less of a row more of a freindly piss take is this topic...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7745&forum=5&41

.. the third page is class.

A
TM1

hanks guys!

Thanks Al! Those are some good ones!

By the way, I really was serious..I just like to read them...I am not comparing or doing any research...I just like the insults..I actually think they are very funny!

TM1

I was just reading some of these, and laughing my butt off..I finally had a "zen" moment and realized the significance of the "hoity Toity" thing!!

Bong Crosby, you and Adrian are bloody genius, did you know that?

Reading those flame wars makes me a bit misty eyed for the good ol' days of unabashed blood letting...

Al,

Thanks for reminding us of your top ten list and all the fond memories it invokes. I am still proud #5 was directed toward yours truly:

"Atomic boobs why don't you stay in the basement"

I still feel though, that if I DID have "atomic boobs" I certainly wouldn't be wasting any time by posting here!

On 2004-03-19 09:44, tiki mick wrote:
Bong Crosby, you and Adrian are bloody genius, did you know that?

I know, I know... I hear it all the time.......

But Bong? Com'on...

:)

dang, i missed alot of good stuff...

Those do bring back some "funny" old memories...

Just as a kidding aside you might just want to search for any topic that TikiBong comments in....

Pages: 1 11 replies