Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Have you ever seen THIS mug on e-bay?:

Pages: 1 8 replies

No! Cuz it's from Spain, too, but you can get it at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3904073751

Wow. That is your coolest one so far. I may just have to put a bid on that one. Add Spain to my list of places to go.

That thing is ugly, put it away.

On 2004-03-20 07:54, jungletrader wrote:
That thing is ugly, put it away.

That's how some collectors felt about the Tiki Bob's mug, til I put it into a cultural context in the BOT...

OK, I'll put it away for ...80.- bucks...90.-? C'mon, pay me to put it away!

oops, wrong thread....I was quoting my wife.

Looks like it may be worth the airfare to spain! Go to spain, have good time, buy tiki muga, return, and finance trip! It's a fab scheme. I may try it!
Actually, I have to return to Japan in October for my brother's wedding. Maybe I'll come back with another Tiki Tiki mug!

On 2004-03-21 11:38, tikifish wrote:
Looks like it may be worth the airfare to spain! Go to spain, have good time, buy tiki muga, return, and finance trip! It's a fab scheme. I may try it!

Sorry, you can't do that anymore now, Jane, Trader Woody already had the idea :wink: :

Posted: 2004-03-12 12:00   

Wow, I could flog the few Spanish mugs I've got on eBay, use the money for a flight to Barcelona and a bunch more mugs when I'm there. Then I could repeat the process again and again, skimming off a few prime mugs for myself and having a damn good time in the process!
Trader Woody

T

Speaking of which, we finally busted into the Hill's Absinthe on Saturday... I was giddy as a schoolgirl! I would akin the sensation to something like a mild form of extasy. Not that I would know. Ahem.

Well lemme tell ya...that Hills stuff is gut rot compared to the Absinthe from Bar Marsella, or Serpis Absinth...
It was the first readily available Absinth that made it to England in the 90s, so it got known as a brand, but it is not really Absinth...
By the way, Switzerland just lifted the century old bann on Absinth!

But we are digressing here...

Pages: 1 8 replies