Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

100 Tiki Mugs

Pages: 1 12 replies

Aloha!

I just wanted to share a special moment with you. I just picked up my 100th and 101st Tiki Mugs!

Well actually, I count bowls too...:)

Its quickly coming up on a year since I started, so I made my goal with nearly two months to spare. :)

Once I get my digital camera fixed or buy a new one, I will post the collection for everyone to see.

Thank you all for helping me feed my new found addiction!

So you take 1 down & pass it around... How many Tiki mugs on the wall?

T

I've noticed tiki mugs are similar to the biblical loaves and fishes. You give one away and there seems to always be more where that came from.

(Oops, did I break the rule about discussing religion? :) )

Aloha!

Well, I am not sure if you all care, but here are my first 100 tiki mugs. I want to thank all of you for helping this new craving of mine along, because without all that I learned here, I couldn't of found half of these. :wink:

[ Edited by: Cool Manchu on 2004-04-08 21:39 ]

M

Wow great shots. Thanks for posting them.

It's really interesting how different your collection is from mine. My first hundred mugs are not at all like your first 100.

Maybe less than 20% are the same.

I'm building shelves to hold mine. It will be a month long project, but I'll take a photo when I'm done.

UJ

SWAMP THANG ROOLZ!

btw: Great collection.... i'm half way there to your mark. :)

nice!

btw i_care :)

j$

I have a lot of room to work into. Maybe one day I can have a great collection. :)

I really love this stuff. In fact, I just started carving my first tiki.

There are these people I met here in Santa Cruz that hold tiki carving events. They had all the tools, gave away free wood, had a BBQ, the works! I love this town and I love the tiki culture.

And UJ...I love Swamp Thing....:)

B

Looking good! Now that you have the bug, you have to keep on going!

This post prompted me to go and count....

137! Not counting decanters.

I need some help.
TG

Nice collection Cool Manchu,
Looks like you're offf to a good start with some rare pieces already under your belt. What's the story on the red volcano bowl? I've only seen them in yellow.
Aloha,
:tiki:

[ Edited by: Tiki Royale on 2004-04-11 10:56 ]

You know, I have never seen another pink variety volcano bowl. Its definately old, it has some fine crazing through out. I have seen all the yellow ones, which seem to be pretty common.

This specific one was purchased off of eBay. Its marked Orchids of Hawaii - Japan. But it doesn't have a number or anything.

Does anyone else have a pink variety of this bowl?

Also,

I was curious if anyone knows the story behind the solid dark green Mark Thomas Outrigger mug. You always see them in the green patina, but I have only seen a few of the solid green and they were all at the same place.

There are three others available at this place for 25 bucks each. I bet she would come down if you bought all three...

Pages: 1 12 replies