Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Torch Nights - Atlanta

Pages: 1 23 replies

Come and support this new monthly gathering of Tikiphiles here in the South at Trader Vic's Atlanta!! This is the first of "Tiki Torch Nights" that I will be hosting - the link to the event is below and here's what you can expect!:

*A book signing by Sven Kirsten
*DJ Dave Chamberlain playing those old scratch records we all know and love
*Derek, the artist that created work for such events as Hukilau and Tiki Oasis will be in attendence to sign a new work created for Tiki Torch Nights!
*And last but not least TONGO-HITI will take the stage at 9:00pm for a show you'll never forget!!

If you need any further details just email me directly!

Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-03-18 21:16 ]

Uh oh -- I thought this was going to be Friday, April 9, but your website says April 10 -- if it's April 10, I may not be able to make it after all, my flight leaves that morning. The woman handling my reservations hasn't gotten back to me yet, so it may not have been purchased yet, I may be able to change it, but I'd have to tell her pronto -- is it Friday April 9, or Saturday April 10?

KK

-sounds like a blast! Seems like the Mgt. at Vic's may be opening their eyes a bit. See you soon!

[ Edited by: Kava King on 2004-03-19 18:04 ]

Yes, Humu as the webpage says the event is on the 10th. Sven and I wanted to combine our wits and have one evening of Tiki! Hope you can change your plans.

C

Aloha
Absolutely I will be there and have spread the word, too. Perfect timing, as I'll be flying in on the 10th, too.
Can't wait!

Talked to Basement Kahuna the other night and he's planning to do a live carving at one of the Tiki Torch Nights in the near future!

Aloha!

My wife and I are planning on coming up from Florida... Do we need reservations or anything for the evening?

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.nightmaretheatre.com
May all your dreams be nightmares...

[ Edited by: baronvondoren on 2004-03-22 13:56 ]

S

I can't speaf with authority, but if the place gets full before you arrive, the only way you'll get in is with a dinner reservation. If you intend to eat dinner there, go ahead and make the reservation and then you'll be sure to get in, even if 350 people arrive before you do...

You are more than welcome to make reservations for dinner. The book signing will kick off the evening at 6:00 until 8:00 and the DJ I have lined up will be playin' records until 9:00 where Tongo-hiti will hit the stage.

I'm expecting a huge crowd so get there early for dinner if you can.

You can email me directly if you should have any questions! Hope to see you there!

K
Kanaka posted on Fri, Apr 9, 2004 9:10 AM

Atlanta and Southeast Centralites, don't forget about Trader Vic's tomorrow night!

Kanaka

On 2004-03-22 14:14, Swanky wrote:
I can't speaf with authority,

What Does this mean???

"Speaf"

I like it!!!

Go SPEAF yourself!!

Swankey and all-
Take everyone for the elevator ride!!

Ben- Just been to the Hale! What a fine mess you made there... That place was a perfect vintage "Chateau" style establishment! And you have to go and plaster bamboo and rattan and stuff all over the little horsey murals! Tiz Tiz!

On 2004-04-10 01:42, bigbrotiki wrote:
Ben- Just been to the Hale! What a fine mess you made there... That place was a perfect vintage "Chateau" style establishment! And you have to go and plaster bamboo and rattan and stuff all over the little horsey murals! Tiz Tiz!

When you return west, I'll let you spank me with the BOT!

Have fun tonight and take pics!!

On 2004-04-10 10:55, RevBambooBen wrote:

When you return west, I'll let you spank me with the BOT!

Yah! That is the vay ve chastice in the fatherland!
Come to think of it, we should make that the standard punishment for any Tiki style offenders! We will use the UNPADDED softcover off course.

Have fun tonight...!!

Oh well, it's a job. Scuse me, I will have to go now and fortify my body for the all night ritual imbibing of unlimited free Trader Vic's cocktails...

On 2004-04-10 15:10, bigbrotiki wrote:

Have fun tonight...!!

Oh well, it's a job. Scuse me, I will have to go now and fortify my body for the all night ritual imbibing of unlimited free Trader Vic's cocktails...

Unlimited Trader Vic's cocktails???

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! You suck! I need to write a book!!!! Drink 4 Fog Cutters and 2 Mai Tai's for me Bro!!

H

Wish I could have been there! Kiliki, I hope your inaugural night was a big success (I'm sure it was). Pics!

KK

Let's have a warm round of applause for Tiki Kiliki! Now, let's hear it for TONGO HITI- didn't they sound GREAT (everybody, sing along now- "Tiny Bubbles...")!?!
Swanky, your daughter's a sweetheart- hope she enjoyed herself at Vic's. Good Lord, did you see Joel in action? He was a constant blur. Great work Joel, hope you raked in the tips. To anyone I chatted up AFTER my last navy Grog- my humble apologies. And, please, anybody, help me find my shoes so that I can walk to the store for some aspirin...I'd say a great time was had by all at the first of Atlanta's Tiki Torch Nights.

S

Daughter Makalina with the big guy.

A happily crowded bar at Trader Vic's.

Our very busy bartenders.

Tongo-hiti performs.

Kiliki, Sven and Staci

The Women of Tiki Torch Nights!

The ever popular corner booth.

Sven signs another book with Glampira.

The gals on the right were dancing...

And still dancing...

It was a great success and is just going to grow. Met some new people and had a great time.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2004-04-11 15:53 ]

[ Edited by: swanky on 2004-04-11 20:22 ]

Aloha Gang,

I was very sorry that I missed this event. I will not miss the next one.

TK, BRAVO! it looks like this was a large time. I can't wait until your feet touch the sand of The Hale Tiki again.

Sven looked like he had a grand time and it must feel good to be surrounded by people that admire his work.

See you all soon,

BtB

Man, I am back in LA, with a total FAT HEAD, and it's not from the libations, but from all the positive feedback all weekend!

First I am spending a great afternoon and evening at the Hale Tiki, being regaled with stories by Brad on how the BOT inspired it, and the next night the Tiki Torch revellers at Trader Vic's Atlanta fill me with more love. TWO couples even told me the BOT changed their lives! Almost a little scary, but also a very rewarding experience! I will be known as "Tiki Svengali" from now on!

Southern hospitality at it's best. Thank you, Kiliki!

Not recommended.

Stop yourself after 6 or so.

M

I heard HUNDREDS of people showed up--and the pictures of Vic make it seem better than I could have ever imagined! Great show, Kiliki!

C

Wow - what a wonderful night! I can't wait for the next event AND I'll be an official Atlanta resident by that time.
Woo hoo! Thanks, TK for putting on such a great show!!!

Pages: 1 23 replies