Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

In case you wondered why I'm crazy...

Pages: 1 12 replies

Here is my dad (lifetime T.V./radio personality) on the air in 1961 on Augusta's WRDW T.V.'s "funtime". He'll be the M.C. that jumps in with the smoking jacket and antennas after the bad Elvis act. Somewhere I still have that smoking jacket(he gave it to me when I was 14)...hmmmm... http://www.wrdw.com/videos/early_fun_times-1.asx

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2004-03-19 00:08 ]

I see you dad turned you on to Exspresso Beans!!

Cool!

He looks alot like the pics I've seen you post of you!

BK,

you have the Beanie too? Was your Pop one of those nutty guys who went completely over the top at large holiday functions? It must have been great growing up with a Dad like that.

I just saw CB HOWLIE's Dad the other day in the film "Stalag 17". He plays "Cookie" and is also the narrator.

B

Does this have anything to do withthe "Basement" in BK?
I guess you come by it honestly.
Welcome back.

I dunno, there's something wrong with the reception on my PC. I'm smacking it on the side of the screen & fiddling the rabbit ears, but it still won't come in clear...

rockin! i wish i had some scans of my dad's hot roddin' in mid-50's... j$

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-03-19 13:20 ]

[ Edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-03-19 13:03 ]

i get a real "transition from radio show" vibe from the footage, not unlike the red skelton show or somesuch... any more background, good BK?

B

Yeah JD. mi PC isn't gettin'it right either. It's in black and white. How do you turn on the color?

Just click on the 3rd zero from the left!!

That's called live T.V.! No re-do back then. Dad had some balls...He was also a rock D.J. from '57 to '70. Also a concert promoter back then. A veritable small-sea Dick Clark!

Pages: 1 12 replies