Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Deabolt, Devil Doll @ Alex's Bar in the LBC

Pages: 1 4 replies

Best thing about this is that it's about two minutes from my pad so I can get stinking drunk and not kill to many people on the drive home.

Sam, Deadbolt is a San Diego band that's been around for years. The last time I saw 'em was at a Soma New Years Eve party at the S.D. Sports Aroma...they were the best band there (maybe because they were playing in the lounge & I was drunk). These guys come on like a bunch of over the hill bikers playing their version of Dick Dale meets punk! If you don't already have it, pick up the CD Tijuana Hit Squad...it's da kine.

Yeah I know I'm a long time fan of Deadbolt and booked the before at The Lava Lounge at Java Lanes back when that place still had their entertainment liscence about 3 years ago. ACtually in the first issue of Tiki News Otto had a review of Deadbolt's CD "Tiki Man". They are not a tiki band though which is why I posted on beyond. They are basically a bunch of surly truckers with intruments and a microphone. My favorite song from them would have to be Swahili Bob

I love Deadbolt. They came through Calgary about 3 years ago. None of my friends had really heard of them, but I was able to drag a few of them out. Afterward they thanked me profusley for doing so. T'was an awesome show!

If you like yr rock dark and humourous, check them out!

I love Deadbolt!
They played my birthday party last year at the Tractor. So fun. Some of ya know my friend Mr Doodie, well, yeah, he was there, got so damn excited about the Voodoo Trucker song, he kinda lost his head...
(Luckily we found it... sheesh.)

Pages: 1 4 replies