Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The Aloha Festival Rocked My Dome ....

Pages: 1 6 replies

Today we went to the Aloha Festival in downtown phoenix (AZ) and it was so much bigger and better than expected. There was great food, great entertainment, and great things to buy. I was expecting the typical touristy kind of hawaiian stuff, but everything was really authentic. Check out our favorite purchase, these two rattan palm tree lamps. For those of you AZ folks, there's one more day to check it out. btw ... there were also alot of cool tikis ( I got 3 ).

don't worry ... the ceiling fan will be making an exit

[ Edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-03-20 20:08 ]

Holy Crap, those are some pimp-ass beanbag chairs!
Aloha,
:tiki:

[ Edited by: tiki royale on 2004-03-21 09:45 ]

A

The Love Pit.

As I always say, the most overlooked & underated feature of any home decorating project is the lighting. It can make or break the room. Yours is definately a go! (oh m'god...I'm startin' to sound metrosexual! time to stop watchin' the Queer Eye)

most excellent.

Dont forget the to paint the walls...... Be brave.

Hey stopped by the Aloha Festival breifly Saturday morning. The dancers/costumes were impressive. It was way too crowded though. We got lots of freebies! Purchased some Poha butter, it's so hard to find. I wish I could find some Polynesian percussion instruments.
I wanted those lamps so badly. They look great. I saw some mini torches and tiny tikis I wanted also, not to mention all the clothes and jewelry. The boat display really made want to plan an O'ahu trip NOW.

[ Edited by: Blue Scorpion on 2004-03-22 07:19 ]

Monkeyman - It's funny to see you say that. In our house we're extremely brave, the frame you made is going in our room with a bright blue wall. We also have a light blue hallway, orange office, purple bedroom, pink daughter's bedroom and lime green cabinets in the kitchen. We are planning on doing bamboo walls in there, just need to take a trip out to oceanic arts in Whittier.

After we got those palm tree lamps we went out and bought those natural-light bulbs. It makes such a big difference.

The festival was pretty crowded when we first got there, but it emptied out a bit in the afternoon which was really nice. Also there was a bit of a breeze, which made the 95+ degrees tolerable.

Pages: 1 6 replies