Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki @ Marshalls

Pages: 1 28 replies

B

Found this Pitcher yesterday at Marshalls. While it's a little too cartoon like for my tastes, this is Vermont, and I'll take what I can get! Comes complete with "Beachcomber Charlie's Tropical Lemonade Collection. All yours for only $14.99. While there I also picked up 3 of the "Tiki Dee Dee Sets"(?!?) made by the same company as the Moai and Bastard Bottles. Notice the nice Tower of Pisa lean on the Brown and Blue ones.

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2004-03-21 12:42 ]

Those "Tiki Dee Dee Sets" look suspiciously like Tiki Farm economy tiki mugs, perhaps not actual copies but definatly rippped off/inspired by.

http://www.tikifarm.com/html/econoPacks.htm

Hey thanks for the info, The Wife and I took a pass on the "Tiki Dee Dee" stuff, but did finally get ourselves the Moai and Suffering bastard bottles. (we got the strawberry and the Margarita mixes, and took a pass on the 3 bean version LOL)
We didn't find the pitcher at Marshalls, but did score up two of them at TJ MAXX (Marshals sister store) One in electric lime green, and one in yellow. Just gotta love that monster green!!! My wife has named the new pitcher "Froggy tiki" (he does look a bit like a frog......)
Thanks for the info
Jay

On 2004-03-22 06:18, atomictonytiki wrote:
Those "Tiki Dee Dee Sets" look suspiciously like Tiki Farm economy tiki mugs, perhaps not actual copies but definatly rippped off/inspired by.

http://www.tikifarm.com/html/econoPacks.htm

Theres one of the Tiki Sets that has a purple mug that is almost an exact copy of the purple mug in the econo pack.

The Brown mug is remarkably heavy for such a small mug.

The big problem with the sets is that the mug is so close to the glass bottle of mix, and the sugar bottle is inside of the mug, which leads to cracked and chipped mugs. Iw wanted one of the green ones, but all three I found were chipped, and in one case cracked in half.

Still, good little no worry mugs for guests to use.

TG

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2004-03-22 16:16 ]

K
Kono posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2004 6:32 PM

I picked up a couple of these and they do look like lower qual knock offs of the Tiki Farm econo mugs (which I also have), especially the purple one which you don't have pictured. Thing is, these were 5.99 each and the Tiki Farm mugs, which are larger and of much better quality, are only 4.99 each at Hilo Hattie's. Haven't found the pitcher yet.

as i have said in the past.. if someone will pay me in tjmax mugs, I'll drink that stuff with the beans in it.

Hey Unkle John, Does that include the beans????

INCLUDING the beans. I'll drink it straight out of the bottle.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2004-03-22 21:03 ]

D

went to a Marshalls north of Seattle, couldnt find the pitcher, but did find these

a mug, Sugar and decorated bottles of cocktail mixes.. all for 5.99.

Jee Jee = Pina Colada
Tee Tee = Blue Hawaiian
Dee Dee = Berry Daquari
Mee Mee = Mai Tai

yay!

On 2004-03-22 21:02, Unkle John wrote:
INCLUDING the beans. I'll drink it straight out of the bottle.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2004-03-22 21:03 ]

anyone remember that scene from 'stand by me' where the big kid drinks mineral oil before the pie-eating contest? bar-fo-rama :wink: j$

J$,
hahahaha,

you BET I remember that one.
I would definitly say the contents are for "decorative purposes only"
-TW

I'm a big boy, I can handle it. I'll even do the "Truffle Shuffle" afterward.

Has anyone spotted any of this stuff at Winners (the Canadian equivalent of TJ Maxx/Marshalls)?

I saw ones Schoenfelds product awhile back. It was a maragarita set with a crypto-Tiki bowl shaped like an avocado. I'd have picked it up if it wasn't expensive and ugly.

thanks for the info on the mugs at marshalls. i found 3 of them, but no pitcher! that pitcher is pretty cool though.

[ Edited by: The Ragin' Rarotongan on 2004-03-26 07:44 ]

Here was the one and only thing at our local Marshalls....also $5.99, 2 shot mugs, plate, "Tiki bar Sugar", and 2 umbrellas

on friday my wife bought us two of the big pitchers without even knowing anything about it (i.e. as the earlier glass s.b. w/ beans were communicated to her from me)! she has developed a fine-tuned "tiki-dar" in the past year. :) it is kind of a weird design though. did you all notice that the drink package graphics were ripped from BOT? j$

K
Kono posted on Sat, Apr 3, 2004 8:39 PM

I've been trying to find one of those pitchers even since this thread was started. Multiple visits to TJ Maxx and Marshall's with no luck. Anyone seen them in the Orlando area?

My search for the pitchers did lead me to find a pair of bookends that are leopard skin fez wearin' chimpanzee heads, complete with tassels. At TJ Maxx.

I finally scored a wee tiki party set at TJ Maxx, and in the aisle where they sell the cloth napkins, potholders and placemats I found some tapestry style placemats with tropical drinks printed on them. There is a Moai mug that says Zombie, and several other exotic cocktails such as Singapore Sling, Mai Tai. They were $3 each. Oh, they also had capri pants for wahinis that have exotic cocktails inc. tiki mugs printed on them.

I saw a shot glass version of that Zombie Moai mug - on the internet.

I'm hoping they'll pop up here in Canada

The Marshalls on Market Street in San Francisco has some mens tikis shirts-a sort of high retro faux fifties one and one with mostly vintage matchbook covers on it. The matchbook cover one (which I bought) was made by Columbia clothing.

B

I love the ones listed on ebay as "Giant Tiki Mug!" for only $24.99

R
rocky posted on Sat, Apr 24, 2004 1:59 PM

For those that live in or near the Rochester, N.Y. area, both TJ Max and marshalls have the Suffering/Moai bottles, and also the big Frog tiki lemonade pitcher. Both stores are on Monroe Ave. in Pittsford, right across from each other!

Dizamn, aftah fruitless weeks of combin' thru the Ross, TJMaxx and Marshall's I had a good day and picked up the Schoenfelds shotglass tikis at Bed Bath and Bar sugar and the Froggy-Tiki pitcher at Marshall's . They had but one and I grabbed that baby. Target has some Hula-girl towels right now which are pretty cool and a soap dispenser in the shape of a Kitsch hula girl for a piddling 2 bux, also a cool bamboo lamp for 14.99 at Tar-shay! Peace out to all my Tiki Homies cus I know U B keepin' it real- Damn- diculous!!

K
Kono posted on Wed, Apr 28, 2004 4:02 AM

Z Gallerie has the Schoenfeld Wee Tiki sets and some other like items. See if there's a store near you: http://www.zgallerie.com/shop/custserv/store_locations.asp

S

If $9.99 seemed too high, they've started marking down the bastard & moai bottles of guk to $5.99. They're on the clearance tables so get them while you can!

for all the ladies and metro guys,

my wahine found a hardcore tiki PURSE at marshalls yesterday (maryland). there was only one, so it might have been an anomaly. didn't get a picture yet, but the purse is about 9" x 12" , made out of some kind of matting (looks like wall cover from tiki bar) and has a carved ku-esque wood mug on one side, stained brown, with embroidered applique to show paper umbrella and other drink details behind it. pretty KU-ell.

alright, maybe it's not ku. my lexicon is ~ shaky.

Score! Possibly even cooler than Humuhumu's bamboo purse, if such is possible.

If not Ku, then Lono?

D

Hilo Hatties is also selling these. Nice find :)

Pages: 1 28 replies