Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

some of my past tiki carvings

Pages: 1 27 replies

here are a few of my past carvings, http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp?aid=67b0de21b3f6e8cee4cd

[ Edited by: chisel slinger on 2004-03-21 17:26 ]

B

Those is some Wild lookin tikis

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-03-21 17:55 ]

And here's another of Chisel Slinger's tikis, which I bought at the first Hukilau in Atlanta:
http://www.theconnextion.com/index.cfm?ArtistID=180&NoFrame=Yes

My (ex) band Clouseaux used this cool Witco-processed beauty for our Destination Oasis CD cover and t-shirt. I still owe you copies, Jim! Everyone loved the tiki, and I take great pleasure in telling how it was made by the guy who threw the great luau after the Kahiki closing. Mahalo!
alice b

hey..the link you have listed doesn't show me anything...it just takes me to shutterfly & asks me for my email address & password? am i doing something wrong....which is completely possible :)

That always happens to me. I am a member, so I enter my id stuff, then back out. I hit the link again, and it puts me right where I want to go the second time.

I have no idea why.

Here, this is easier:

Sugarcaddydaddy, Thanks!!!!! We just spent 20 minutes figuring out how to do that, we went to post them and you already had it done. We thank you. My wife's sister was trying to help me over the phone.

K
Kono posted on Sun, Mar 21, 2004 8:28 PM

Nice carvings. I love the concrete tiki.

The dude with the cigar looks like a good guy to have a couple drinks with.

T

That's a pretty sweet bar Slinger!

formikahini, i'm still excited you used my tiki on your album cover & t-shirts, we'll be ordering those shirts.still cant wait to get your cd,c'mon i'll send you something nice made just for you, get in touch soon!kono, the guy with the cigar is the artist/tatooist hoffa who did hukilau 2003's poster, yes (goodfella) to drink with if you want a drink poured down your leg at the end of the night! ha ha ha no really.

[ Edited by: chisel slinger on 2004-03-21 22:52 ]

S

Is that Hoffa?

yes it is.and oh yeah swanky, id like to get another table for this years hukilau, but every time i try to register it freezes up. ?
and thank you turbogod
[ Edited by: chisel slinger on 2004-03-21 23:01 ]

[ Edited by: chisel slinger on 2004-03-21 23:04 ]

nice lookin' tikis! Got any close ups on that bar? from the picture it looks like it's pretty intricate!

i'll try to post some better pic's this evening.

Chisel...

I sent you a PM.

-Z

More of Chisel Slinger's work:

Chisel~
You may want to delete this thread completely, and edit THIS thread and rename it as "Chisel Slinger's Carvings" that way you don't have multiple threads all over TC and people can come to this thread to see all of your past and upcoming work. I will edit this paragraph (if and) after you delete the other thread.

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-03-22 20:34 ]

T

its been slow today and I found some hidden treasure!

First I gots to say, that your work is the best that I have seen in person but besides that I thinks its just darn good. I think that it's the first time I saw these. I am going to start a Moai Project and I like the way that the concrete moai colored.

Hey Chisel, is that concrete over wire? and what did you use to color? Weather proof too?

thanks alot teakey. sent you a pm on creating the moai. anymore questions, feel free to ask.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Aug 7, 2005 9:20 PM

cool carvings slinger - more pics as you do more!

thanks hewey, that was from a few years ago. cant keep up on the pictures hard for me to get around to it. and I hate trying to post them. computers are not friendly to me. I've carved hundreds of tikis in the past six years. but some will be for sale at the hot rod hula hop in columbus ohio on august 20th. and as always, at the hukilau at my exotica arts booth. thanks for looking, and I'll try to post some pic's soon.

He lives in Ohio.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2012-06-29 07:18 ]

B
Bete posted on Mon, Jan 23, 2006 4:25 PM

Some cool pieces in this thread here.

B

Hey Slinger, if you email me some pic's I will post them for you. I Know we are missing out on some Super tikis and I think I speak for everyone in thet we MUST See your tikis. If those early ones are any indication your new ones have to be awesome!. Thanks
[email protected]

thanks everyone. ben, I believe you took some photos of my stuff at the last hukelau. I was the tall blonde drink of water. hopefully I'll hook up the scanner soon. it's been a busy year. look for my tikis at the next hot rod hula hop in august, columbus ohio.

T

F- that! Jim I will come over and take some pictures, And put them up for you if you like. All you will need is some more of those drinks we had friday. Your room is so cool and needs to be seen! Just tell me when.

o.k. skipper, howzabout friday again? I think ahu may come.

T

Sounds good! Tell ahu to bring his kahiki ash tray so I can photo that to. 8:30 ish?

T

Here's Chisels new backyard digs. way cool!

Pages: 1 27 replies