Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Carved Pizz reproduction and lots of other tikis

Pages: 1 11 replies

This hand carved relief based on The Pizz's "Tiki Bar" scene is awesome. It is however not signed or in any way connected to him as much as I would like it to be.They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I hope he agrees.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3904340004&category=29460&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1
Check out the rest by clicking on View Sellers Other Items.

[ Edited by: smokintikis on 2004-03-22 16:27 ]

T

Ah yes, welcome!

M

Welcome aboard!! I got a few from you on eBay a couple of weeks ago and they are really nice! I made some wall hangings using the carvings ...I'll try and post some pics later tonight.

Matt

Right on! Glad you liked them, looking foward to seeing the pics, -J

M

L
Lars posted on Tue, Mar 23, 2004 8:47 AM

I have some friends who know the Pizz. They had his painting, "Mganga"(Taboo:The Art of Tiki, pg. 52), hanging on their wall until recently. I've met him a few times, very cool guy. That sure is something carved in wood. Very nice.

beautiful panel smokintikis!

I love that relief work, very sophisticated.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the positive feedback. I was a little concerned how the tiki world might feel about this reproduction.

K

Great stuff smokintiki!

Kanaka

B

Boy,,, Let me tell you from a Minor little carver like me. The Master who carved this as Very proud of his work. You rarely see such attention to detail. Such clean crisp lines.The ability of this master to make this look so 3 dimensional is really awesome..Benzart

L
Lars posted on Wed, Mar 24, 2004 12:15 AM

Hmmmmm...............maybe I should try "Shag Style Carving".

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-24 00:18 ]

B

Look at another Item further down the same page. The Tiki Planter.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3905325894looks just like the Tiki man in this Relief

Pages: 1 11 replies