Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Any fans of Guitar Wolf??

Pages: 1 12 replies

L
Lars posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2004 5:22 PM

Only the greatest Jett Rock-n-Roll band in the world!! Ever!! Anyone seen "Wild Zero"??? Zombies, UFOs, and Guitar Wolf, what could be better????

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-22 18:15 ]

K
Kono posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2004 7:13 PM

On 2004-03-22 17:22, Lars wrote:
Only the greatest Jett Rock-n-Roll band in the world!! Ever!! Anyone seen "Wild Zero"??? Zombies, UFOs, and Guitar Wolf, what could be better????

Japanese band? I wanted to check them out but never did, always read good reviews. Vas is dis "Wild Zero" of which you speak? I like zombies. I like UFOs. I like Japanese freak-o-billy. In theory at least. Tell me more...

L
Lars posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2004 7:23 PM

Drop me an e-mail, and I'll send you a COPY of the movie. [email protected]

K
Kono posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2004 7:58 PM

On 2004-03-22 19:23, Lars wrote:
I'll send you a COPY...

Jeez! Don't use that word around here! :lol: Nobody COPIES nuthin' round here! Everything's completely original!

Thanks, I'll email ya.

Yeah, Missile Me is a fine album! Sounds like it was recorded inside a metal water tank, but all the better for it. I love the way the guitar blasts in during 'Hurricane Rock' - truly unhinged!

Trader Woody

L
Lars posted on Wed, Mar 24, 2004 9:57 AM

The production quality is definately part of their charm on record. I had a chance to catch them a couple of years ago, on the tour for "Planet of the Wolves", with The Woggles. They've been my fave ever since. Unfortunaely, there was an altercation with security, and my wife and I were ejected from the club.(apparently, I had to be carried out horizontally by security, although I tell you, I don't remember any of that, and that just doesn't sound like me. Hee, Hee!!) Actually, it was the perfect end to the evening, as far as I was concerned. There is also a great DVD out called "Red Idol", that contains live stuff and video, as well interviews with the band, and interviews with members of various American bands talking about Guitar Wolf. Great stuff!! Any Gasoline fans??? 5-6-7-8s????

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-24 10:05 ]

I saw Guitar Wolf play live a few years ago and it was terrible, just tuneless screeching noise. Believe me, I tried to like it but it was impossible. Maybe the records are better but Ive never heard them.

L
Lars posted on Wed, Mar 24, 2004 6:02 PM

No, that's pretty much what they sound like. "Screeching noise" is a pretty fair description, although, I'd have to question "tuneless".

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-24 18:04 ]

On 2004-03-24 18:02, Lars wrote:
No, that's pretty much what they sound like. "Screeching noise" is a pretty fair description, although, I'd have to question "tuneless".

Arf!

Yeah, I saw the 5678's a while back at the Wild Weekend. An enjoyable live band who are heavier on the tunes and have managed to eliminate screeching noise from their set altogether. They are the band that play in Kill Bill Vol 1, so a lot more people know about them than they realise.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2004-03-25 02:27 ]

R.I.P. Billy.

M

I ditto that....

On 2005-06-15 11:29, SwampCreature wrote:
R.I.P. Billy.

Don't you mean "Jazz Wolf"!?

Hardly. But that's pretty funny. Actually, in the context, it's just a little funny. Teenie weenie.

[ Edited by: SwampCreature on 2005-06-17 00:00 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies