Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What's this guy smoking?

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2129582867

I thought maybe the reserve and buy it now where working together to throw some people off but.....

:sheckymug:

M

I saw that auction and thought similar. Was going to say "Whaaawahaaa?"...it does seem a bit high.

I have seen the "FDR" from that place...he looks like the Don Beachcomber mug on steroids!

midnite

A little crazy, but if you check out his other auctions they are all around that price range, at least the ones with tiki and Hawaii in the titles. Maybe he knows something we don't, LOL !!!

Geez! I've got the FDR & the Lincoln & I didn't pay 10% of that for either one!! Would love to have the Ronnie, but not at that price. As Nancy was oft quoted - "Just say no!"

Looks like John's getting carried away by the big waves in Hawaii. I'm not sure how rare that 'Ronnie mug' is but I was able to get FDR and Lincoln directly from Politiki at cost.

I actually bought a nice Mark Thomas Outrigger Mug from John's after I was outbid on Ebay for his first Outrigger. He sold it to me directly for a fair price and I was very happy with the transaction.

I'll have one of my sources check on the Ronnie mug in October, and I'll let you all know what I find out. In the meantime, if anyone knows anything about that mug (limited production, discontinued, etc.) I would be curious.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

T

Well he didn't get the reserve or buy it now price and yet it closed sooooo close to both! :wink:

Just like my good friend Chuck D. always said...
Don't believe the hype...

Wow! I own one of these super rare mugs and to think I only paid $14.00 for it this January at the Politiki in DC - Wow!! If anyone is interested in trading a couple Tiki Bob's, a Stephen Crane Kon Tiki mug and a Ren Clark's headhunter mug, I think we can work out a trade :wink:

:drink:

Pages: 1 7 replies