Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Strummin' the Ukulele- beginner's class

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hi, crazy Tiki People! I will be starting a new uke class at Island Bazaar on Thursday, April 1st. (no foolin') In six weeks I will teach you the most common chords, simple chord progressions and strum patterns. This is a beginners class. You can call me at the store. 714-843-9350.
Ukulelegirl of the Smokin' Menehunes.

Mahalo and Aloha

Without sounding like I'm engaging in a little ho'o'malo malo (flattery), I must honestly say Ukulelegirl - Shirley - is quite an accomplished uku player and all-round musician.

If you're serious about learning the ukulele you really should take her classes.

This sounds like fun. I just might start showing up for this. That is, if Shirley can actually teach me. I suck so bad, I've actually been told that I'm 'unteachable'....

On 2004-03-23 19:29, PolynesianPop wrote:
This sounds like fun. I just might start showing up for this. That is, if Shirley can actually teach me. I suck so bad, I've actually been told that I'm 'unteachable'....

Don't feel bad Pop, my ukulele sounds better when I just hold it up in front of my head and let the beer bottles the audience is throwing strike the strings.

Pages: 1 3 replies