Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Leilani Hawaiian Rum

Pages: 1 4 replies

Over the weekend Swanky and I attended his High School Reunion in Chattanooga then left the next morning in search of gold at the infamous I-127 Yard Sale stretch!

We did find a tiki mug with green eyes but more importantly found this bottle of Hawaiian Leilani Rum. The pics around the bottle made this a terribly exciting find.

Can anyone tell me anything more about it?

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki
http://www.tikikiliki.com

Country Fried Hot Rod

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-08-19 09:01 ]

M

I just got an old Life magazine ad for Leilani rum, promoting it as the first rum to be made in Hawaii. I think the ad is from the late 60s or early 70s. I'll double check. Exactly the same as the bottle you found.

-martin

Between 1961 and 1967, in cooperation with Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, HC&S operated a rum distillery in a Seagram structure adjoining the Puunene factory. Ethanol produced from cane sugar molasses was blended in Seagram’s Leilani brand rum and sold in Hawaii and on the mainland. Seagram’s terminated operations in 1967, and A&B acquired ownership of the distillery in 1976. Maui Distillers, Inc. purchased the plant in 1980, refurbished it, and produced rum for awhile. The company closed in 1986.

Hope this helps, All I could find...Grey

This is exactly the bottle I have been looking for for my Leilani Rum Vacuform display Tiki. This Tiki was an age old obsession of mine until I found one in Waikiki in '99. For those of you who know the Vacuform wall-Tikis at the Tiki Ti that have the drink menu scratched into them, THEY are those. They used to have big feet that the Leilani Rum bottle stood on, backlit by a bulb behind the bottle, and by bulbs in the Tiki. A nice item.

I forgot the best part! It was only $1.00! The woman I purchased it from said it was found "up north somewhere" - I can't exactly capture her southern accent here.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki
http://www.tikikiliki.com

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-08-21 10:48 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies