Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Eric Askew original paintings need new home

Pages: 1 4 replies

B

I have 3 painting by Askew, he was the only and still living artist that Edgar Leeteg taught his unique style of painting on velvet to. Askew says when he dies the secrets die with him.
I have to move across country and do not want to put into storage. So I come to you and offer to pass these on to someone who knows what great artist Askew and Leeteg are.
The paintings are as best to my knowlage are from the 1940's
I would love to hear from others who know this artist and of course anyone who would be interested in buying them .
pictures can be viewrd by cut and paste into browser http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp?aid=67b0de21b3f4de862536

[ Edited by: BLUIDQT on 2004-03-26 00:22 ]

There's an excellent article about Eric Askew in Barracuda Magazine issue #8, excerpts of which can be read here: http://www.barracudamagazine.com/askew.htm

It's well worth getting the full mag, though as copies are still available and there's a whole lot more in the article than what they excerpt.

As you can see, his paintings are exceptional. I'd love to have one of the 3 mentioned, but I fear they really will be worth big $$$.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2004-03-25 10:26 ]

Why not post the pictures?

NN2

When I got my current job about six years ago my boss introduced me to a friend of his who used to stop by our shop once or twice a week and hang around and ask a lot of annoying questions about some of the processes we used (we are a sign shop). My boss said he was an artist and I assumed he painted portraits of dogs and sailboats as his questions seemed quite basic. I had lunch with him a couple of times and went by his house with the boss periodically. It wasn't until a couple of years later that I was reading that issue of Barracuda that I looked at the picture and realized it was Eric Askew. But my boss had quit and I missed out on a golden opportunity to pick his brain. Its quite ironic because when I was in art school in San Francisco I did some velvet paintings of things like Hello Kitty just to piss people off but never could quite master the technique.

One word.

doh!

Pages: 1 4 replies