Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Watching the Birth of a Tiki

Pages: 1 16 replies

B

They were all standing around Watching me as I was creating this Moai. "Hurry UP" and "Careful There" they were saying.

I finally got tired of their Backseat carving and put them back in the box.I'll finish it myself

I'll bet they were also saying, "Please send us to JungleTrader's, we want to hang out in his treehouse with the view of the golden sunset and beautiful palm trees, and the waves crashing on the shore dammit"

shhhh, don't tell them the truth.

B

JT, You should have gotten yours today.
Iwant to hang out in the treehouse with the view and the other stuff

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-03-25 17:57 ]

I'll swing down to my mailbox right now and check....later

Oh dear, I'm having a coronary. These things are sublime. More beautiful then anything you could imagine.....well you know....uh.....uh....ohhhhhhh....awwwww.

B

Are you OK there? did the aahhh Sublime get ya? I take it you Like?
I think you need to finish that sandwich

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-03-25 19:11 ]

Okay, I'm alright now. I feel like a little boy. Yes, I do like them. Thank you and I hope your surgery goes well with a quick recovery.

K

as a group they look even more gorgeous...

but dude...you must have some serious scar tissue thanks to those unwieldy looking sharp things all over the table...all my brushes are armed with soft hairs that tickle and fall SO far from scrathing the skin...be careful!

again...respect!!!

Shhh...the tikis are watching!

my palm tikis are currently yelling at me because I locked them in the basement. I guess I'm not the best tiki parent, but they were cavorting with the rufians fungus and mold and I had ENOUGH of their shenanigans!
They hated the bleach baths (they would physically try and hop away, as none of them are full body tikis they can't run) so I had to do what was the best for them and their future. They will be coated shortly, but I have other projects on the front burner so they have to wait.
It's hard being a parent these days!

hey Benzart, great carvings, those little guys look awsome!

B

Scar tissue could be another whole thread in Creating Tiki. I'm sure All the carvers are so used to it that it is no big deal anymore.
But yes, I do have serious scar tissue. Each of the pictured tools have shown me their Bite. I have Bad dreams about being attacked by some of the tools and my fingers don't win the fight.Here are a few recent:

It is irritating, but no big deal.
Thanks to everyone for the appreciation and the bloodthirsty Tikis thank you as well.

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-03-26 08:06 ]

K

thanks for the close ups man...carnage!!!

easy to see you are not a brown or black man...you are a white guy like i am...

dude those flesh chasms look unforgiving...not good ...not good at all...thanks for enduring...

the reliefs in your pieces appear so organic that you should know it's totally worth weathering!!!

rock on BENZO!

Damn Benzart those Tiki's Kicka$$! You ARE the man.

Ben, I've been drinking Chianti every night so I won't have a coronary when my tiki arrives, but by the looks of that group of tikis, the chianti may not do the trick!

B

Boy Sam I hope I can live up to that.
Here are a few Pix with only 1 coat of lacquer. I'm not too thrilled with the way the Chestnut carves..

Let me know if you like it. If you would like Mahogany, just say.

He's fine! I hope I look that good at 112 years old.

http://www.samgambino.com

Su-Weeet!
:tiki:

Pages: 1 16 replies