Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

"The Three Wise Men of Tiki" booksigning March 31st Chicago Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 12 replies

Symbolized by the three Chinese "See All Tiki /Hear All Tiki/ Speak All Tiki" Monkeys (you don't know those?), the Three Wise Men of Tiki, Sven A. Kirsten, James Teitelbaum, and Duke Carter will be on hand to sign copies of their books at the Chicago Trader Vic's this Wednesday evening, March 31st.

Apparently this is coinciding with a series of anniversary events Trader Vic's Chicago is doing this month, James found THIS out:

Trader Vics 70th anniversary party / Mai Tai drink 60th anniversary party. The deal is: $20 to get in, lasts from 5 to 7, and you get two mai tais, hula dancers, and pupus.

So it seems to me if you don't wanna pay entrance, come after seven (no more hula babes though, just us), and off course you can bring books you already own and we sign 'em (as long as we can hold a steady hand, with all the libations we will inhale :) ). And there will be new copies for sale to sign too.
AND Dave Carter said he will have his his very cool Tiki Quest/ Munk Tiki mug for sale!

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-03-29 14:32 ]

An appropriate tribute to those tiki icons.

Excuse me...no offence Mr. "Wise" man, but if you were so "wise" why would you agree to sign "books you already own"!! I just bought myself a ticket to Chicago so I could LAUGH MY ASS OFF as you sign all 50 volumes of my Encyclopedia Brittanica!! Ha Ha now who's the "wise man"!!!!!! Never underestimate the powers of a sick mind.

SIGH!...SQUISH/KERPLUNK!

(Sounds of resigned sighing at Denny's annoying humor, followed by sounds of pushing his face out of the frame and him down the stairs)

On 2004-03-29 01:49, KING KUKULELE wrote:
Excuse me...no offence Mr. "Wise" man, but if you were so "wise" why would you agree to sign "books you already own"!! I just bought myself a ticket to Chicago so I could LAUGH MY ASS OFF as you sign all 50 volumes of my Encyclopedia Brittanica!! Ha Ha now who's the "wise man"!!!!!! Never underestimate the powers of a sick mind.

I'll be happy to sign your encyclopedia.

It would be worth it in exchange for the mental image of you with a uke and a 50 volume encyclopedia in your carry-on luggage.

Rool Brittanica!

BTW: more info on this event can be found in this universally ignored thread:
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8132&forum=4&0

Iorana!

JT

http://www.tydirium.net
Tiki Bar Review Pages / Tiki Road Trip / Left Orbit Temple

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2004-03-29 12:14 ]

I just confirmed that the 20,- bucks for the Anniversary event are completely optional! See you Wednesday!

B

For those who have not seen it before, here is the Tiki Quest mug we will have available at Trader Vic's...

I can't make it to Chicago, but I love the mug. Is it going to be available through Munk Tiki? Is it a limited edition? I couldn't access their website this evening. More details, please, if you have them.

It figures, I live in Chicago, theres no Exotica this year and I am totally broke. I'm soooo bummed. I wish I could go tomorrow. :( RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

OK, I got it all my way:
People there for the signing don't have to go for the 20.- bucks deal, James, Duke and me will NOT be in the seperate room, but by the main bar in the back, so there is comfortable mingling and drinking, and we will start at 5:00!
So now evvyboddy, show up, and do so early, and drink and be merry..and Dimethios, you can bring your book and we BUY you a drink!

Man that mug is suuuuweeeet!

On 2004-03-30 21:17, Dimethios wrote:
It figures, I live in Chicago, theres no Exotica this year and I am totally broke. I'm soooo bummed. I wish I could go tomorrow. :( RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

It won't cost you nothin' but train fare to show up and have some fun (although I suggest bringing a Hamilton for a couple of drinks).

The Chicago Tiki 'ohana is shrinking, while it is growing everywhere else in the country (world?), so we neeed you to join the possee of regulars! Come on down and meet the gang!

It was an honor to meet The Three Wise Men of Tiki this evening, Amy and the other locals at Trader Vic's. Worth the 130 mile drive, train ride and mile or so walk to share some tiki talk and enjoy a couple of Vic's Zombies. And my BOT is finally autographed! Hope to see you all again soon at any future events...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-03-31 23:17 ]

T

Thanks for making the trek... sorry again that we had to boot everyone out so abruptly!

Some pics:

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2004-04-02 23:40 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies