Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Stolen Tiki

Pages: 1 22 replies

MB

Well, just had word from Bamboo Ben and Mr. Crazy Al....the tiki created by CC Rider has been swept away from the Caliente. Yup, stolen, as of last night.
As Ben would put it....ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Hug your Tikis!

How was it installed?

If anybody was there for the installation, pm me with the details.

I work for an art installation company, and may be able to bounce some ideas around with the guys I work with that might prevent this sorta thing in the future.

If we can make sure that The UCLA sculpture garden doesn't take a walk, we might be able to figure something out for The Tropics Tiki.

I can't see anybody selling the the thing. It'd be like stealing the Mona Lisa. You'd have to keep it in a private room where only you could view it.

And whats the point in that?

TG

OH the horror!!

MB

This babes been there since Casey opened. He was the beauty that looked over all of us in the hot tub.
So, crafty f'ers, out of the ground, over the pool fence and out...crap, we can't even sneak over the fence to jump in the pool without a bunch of woopla...on a slow day.

RIP "Spa Kahuna"

For those who don't know CC...this is HUGE and really sad. Unless CC stole his own tiki...just kidding

Mrs. B~

Is it this one?

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-03-30 01:04 ]

That is horrible. Keep us posted!

Reminds me of stories of the tiki's stolen from the Mai Kai.

B

Its really sad when you have to fear for your tikis life. Amazing how 1 selfish act can spread fear throughout the community.
My condolances and I hope the thief is found and carved into a tiki himself.

On 2004-03-30 07:01, Benzart wrote:

Which of the many fine tiki carvers here at TC would like to be commissioned to do the job?

[i]On 2004-03-30 07:28, Sam Gambino wrote:
Which of the many fine tiki carvers here at TC would like to be commissioned to do the job?
For this priviledge, I would proudly take up my first chainsaw.

Grrrrrrrrr.

MB

Yes, SCD, that's the one. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it on e-bay within a week.
Apparently, in the daylight, it looks as though the tiki was cemented in about 2 feet under, so it took some work getting it out.
Still baffled that we can't get over the pool fence at 2:00 a.m. without the PSPD showing up, yet someone can get this guy out of the ground, over the fence, into a vehicle, and it's "gone missing."
??? :(

Oh, beautiful tiki. I loved you so. I pray you will return so that we can again behold your wonderousness.

M

I have a beautiful framed black & white picture of this tiki courtesy of mrs. pineapple. Now it seems sort of sad, like a memorial. Or a milk carton picture: "Have you seen this tiki?"

T

I feel Casey's pain. After we moved to Huntington Beach last year I put one of my tiki's on our front porch. I was a little hesitent at first but I felt the local vibe was good enough to give it a try. Well, my tippy little tiki freind that I bought from KC was stolen two weeks ago, right off of the porch. Saddened, dismayed, and utterly pissed off, I asked the Tiki Gods to smote the rotters where they stand, hide,or burrow under a rock. Whew!!! Now that I got that off of my chest I can go forward with my ohana spirit.

Moral

Don't f*** with the tikis!

My condolances Casey

Trustar

TB

Well i was planing on having a small tiki in my front yard, but after hearing Trustar's story, im alittle hesitant.

I keep the good stuff in the fenced back yard and my amateurish attempts at carving are in the front scaring the neighborhood kids.
Let's round up the tiki posse and keep an eye out on Ebay for that kidnapped tiki, maybe the guilty will send you an ear from it and demand ransom. Otherwise they'll face the curse of Ku

Even tho I am new to TC and have never seen this Tiki or even been to the Caliente it is very sad indeed. :( I will definately keep an eye out for it on Ebay. Although my gut feeling is they might take it to an antique shop somewhere. Maybe everyone could check that route also.

M

BASTARDS!!!!!!

This news indeed sucks! I hope the tiki falls on the theives and crushes them.

That would make me shout "Hooray!"

I hope the tiki gods curse the thieves.

I also think one the former painted tikis in front of the Royal Hawiian befell a similar fate.

i have had about four tikis stole from my fenced back yard.

On 2004-03-30 07:01, Benzart wrote:

I find myself wondering why you would want to carce this shcmuk into a tiki, I SAY FIRE UP THE WOOD CHIPPER AND FEED THE BASTARD THOUGH IT!!!
BUZZZZZZZZZZ

I had one stolen from our backyard ( nothing fancy) I was so pissed,I made a lost tiki poster saying no questions asked for its safe return or you will be cursed and plastered it on the mail boxes within 3 blocks of our house.2 days later a lady showed up with my tiki and a tearfull teenage son who offered a apology on behalf of his freinds and himself. The funny thing was the women said it creeped her out and she felt wierd since it showed up in her basement the 2 days prior.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2004-03-31 01:09 ]

On 2004-03-30 20:03, christiki295 wrote:
I hope the tiki gods curse the thieves.

Hey that might be a way of getting the tiki back.
What you could do is contact the local press and telly and spread the story about how a CURSED TIKI was stolen from the tropics, as i think batman pointed out that theives are a cowardly and superstitious lot and the tiki may be returned.
The ranger service that protects Ayr rock in australia uses the curse rumour to stop people stealing rocks from the area.

Pages: 1 22 replies