Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tiki Drink

Pages: 1 10 replies

I've been experimenting with some drink combos and I've come up with a drink I call a "Kuru". If anyone knows of a known drink with the same ingredients or one that is very similar please let me know. Here's how to make it: In a shaker w/ ice add 3 ounces fresh lime juice, 1 ounce orgeat, 1/2 ounce creme de cassis, 1/2 ounce apricot brandy, 1/2 ounce vanilla rum, and 2 ounces gold rum. Shake and pour over ice into a medium size tiki mug, garnish with a cherry....and then take a seat. I'd like to know what others think. If you think it sucks, please let me know. Cheers!

[ Edited by: Creature from the Slack Lagoon 2005-12-09 07:36 ]

[ Edited by: Creature from the Slack Lagoon 2005-12-09 07:37 ]

T

Hey Creature,
Sounds like strong stuff with three ounces of booze in it. I'll try it this weekend after the pub crawl. I'll bet it has a nice orange glow to it, like a sunset on Nanakuli Beach.
Tikiboy

S

Sounds very sour.

T

Hey Creature,
Where is Not Sober Atoll? Is it part of the Banana Republic? Perhaps its in the Thousand Islands. I used to be in the dressing business down there.
Tikiboy

On 2004-03-31 22:45, tikiboy wrote:
Hey Creature,
Where is Not Sober Atoll? Is it part of the Banana Republic? Perhaps its in the Thousand Islands. I used to be in the dressing business down there.
Tikiboy

Tikiboy, I think it's near the Fearsome Headhunters of No-Body Atoll...

K
Kono posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2004 6:56 PM

Has there ever been a thread collecting TC members' home made drink recipes? If not, there should be. I seem to recall a drink called the Thirstin' Haole. Any others? I've been fine tuning a little creation of my own lately, but it's not quite ready to be unleashed.

Hey Kono, I was wondering the same thing. One would think with all these heads full of tiki-lore and experience there would be 100's of unique drinks out there. Maybe we could make a Tiki Central members list of original drink recipes. I'd be curious to see what folks come up with. Anybody?

I tried coming up with a drink based on Tangelos, it tasted like soap, so I promptly forgot the recipe....

TG

S

I know BK made a custom drink, with lots of ingredients, that is now the signature drink at the Hale Tiki. It's a secret.

With the books full of stuff I have yet to sample, I have not had a desire to experiment. After all, what can I do that Don Beach didn't? Or Bob Thornton or Vic?

anyone ever had a west indies yellow bird? gold rum, bannana liquor, and galliano. mix with half pinapple juice and half oj. i know it's more of a carribean style drink, but still very good and can hang with the mai tais.

also, if anyone lives in the ft lauderdale area, they may have been to the blue fish cafe down by las olas blvd. they have the most amazing drink called the blue fish bomber. tastes very similar to a blue creamsicle but lethally potent. they have a rule of only serving 2 of these per customer before they cut you off. i would love to get the recipe. they also put in a blue plastic marlin with a cherry on the nose in every one.

[ Edited by: The Ragin' Rarotongan on 2004-04-02 14:20 ]

Pages: 1 10 replies