Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

AisleTiki/Tiki Farm question

Pages: 1 8 replies

H

I recently purchased and received two Tiki Farm mugs through AisleTiki. They appear to be factory seconds. One has two chips along the top rim that have been touched up with paint and the other has a very poor glaze job. I have e-mailed AisleTiki twice in the last week re: an exchange for something else and have gotten no response. I have purchased A LOT of Tiki Farm merchandise (usually directly) and have never been disappointed until now. Does anyone know if AisleTiki sells the rejects? If so, BEWARE because it isn't disclosed anywhere on their website.

Does anyone know if AisleTiki sells the rejects?

I don't think TF sells the rejects. I've seen them break many into trash cans. Makes me cringe!

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-04-01 19:41 ]

i have only ordered 1 mug from aisletiki. i got the purple lipps mug and it was delivered quickly with no flaws. maybe you had bad luck this time. i still think that they should respond to your delimma, that's pretty crappy to ignore your e-mails.

H

I finally heard from them. They say they are not seconds but ghave agreed to exchange them. I am giving them the benefit of any doubt I had. Thanks for the responses.

Sounds to me that "little kids" were in their store thinking they were toys and banging them around! We get that all the time. Shit! Lower that one 2 bucks. There goes the proffit!! Is Aisle Tiki a store or web store?

Didn't Holden mention previously that he's spent time smashing up mugs that aren't up to scratch? I'm pretty sure that Tiki Farm just gets rid of any rejects, though as with anything, the occasional bad apple must get through.

Trader Woody

I bought a Dental Tiki mug from a retail shop last year. I was so excited to be able to purchase some Tiki Farm mugs in the flesh that the serious crazing inside & out didn't bother me. I think I may have received a discount, although the mug probably shouldn't have been sold at all. No complaints here... just an observation. A year later the cracks kind of embarrass me. It's funny, since I kind of like them on the old mugs. Gives them character, and proves their age. :)

P.S. This is my 300th post!

Aloha, eh
-Tikiwahine
"The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first"

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-04-05 13:27 ]

Is your mug yellow? That is actually a "crazing glaze" and after we found that out, we went to a traditional glaze. I made about probably 100 in that glaze color. If it is it yellow, it's a rarer piece! It crazes but doesn't expose bisque so you're fine with drinking from it!
Holden

Well then that's really facinating! I knew crazing glazes existed but I didn't know you could use them on ceramics . That makes me very proud of my crazed yellow mug, I'll use it with gusto!

The other reason I like this mug is that I feel more secure after the having a few. With a handle to hold onto, it's a little more drop proof. Knock on wood.
mahalo!
-Tikiwahine

Pages: 1 8 replies