Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

update - Tiki art show in San Pedro - call for artists

Pages: 1 1 replies

This is a call for anyone interested in showing/selling their tiki art work (carvings, furniture, paintings, candles, whatever) in San Pedro's monthly art walk called "First Thursday" on Thursday June 3rd.

I showed a few of my carvings to a friend of mine who owns a shop in downtown San Pedro, and he offered me showing/selling space for the June 3rd First Thursday. He has quite a bit of space in his shop, so I thought I would invite other artists who would like to show their work. This is free of charge, all you have to do is show up.
Feel free to email or PM me if you are interested and I'll send you more information.

A little about First Thursday:
On the first Thursday of each month, artists, entertainers, and business people celebrate the arts with an evening of open galleries, studios, street vendors and live entertainment in the Downtown San Pedro Arts District.

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-04-01 00:21 ]

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-04-12 15:50 ]

Hi - I changed the date because the original date was the Thursday before Oasis! (I need to write everything down in the same place! :))

I'll have the flyer posted in "Tiki Events" shortly, but I just wanted to see if anyone else would like to come out and show/sell their work. In all the 1st Thursdays I've been to, I've never seen anything tiki, so this could be pretty cool to start a little "tiki event" in Pedro every now and then...or not.
Feel free to PM or email me with questions or if you're interested in displaying some of your work.

BTW - 1st Thursday is ALWAYS happening - bands, cars, food and in the summer it's always packed. Good fun.

Pages: 1 1 replies