Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

anyone here herd of this new TV show?

Pages: 1 15 replies

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2004 12:33 AM

It's called "Hawaii" it's going to be a TV show through NBC. They just rented 7 of my tiki's for a shoot on Thursday and Friday.

They also did a episode shot at La Mariana last Thursday at the bar. I was off island. I hope it's good if not it will atleast have lots of tikis during the whole show!

I think it's another cop show?

any info from my TV peeps out there in TIKI land thats maybe read something on this.

Mahalo

Here's some info Gecko:

Hawaii
Hawaii is an ensemble drama that follows a diverse team of detectives at the local police department as they solve crimes on the picturesque island of Oahu.

Scheduled for release: September 2004
Run Time: 60 minutes
Network: NBC

Creator & Executive Producer: Jeff Eastin
Starring: Sharif Atkins, Eric Balfour, Michael Biehn & Ivan Sergei.

The show has had production delays due to a change in the cast. You didn't hear it from me, but Michael Biehn (remember him from The Terminator?), isn't the easiest to work with.

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2004 11:04 AM

Mahaloz SCD! can't wait to see how long they're on the air. They lady who picked up the tikis said a cast mamber was fired because they refused to work because they were having a bad hair day....give me a break.

tanks again

K
Kono posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2004 6:27 PM

On 2004-04-01 01:54, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Here's some info Gecko:

Hawaii
Hawaii is an ensemble drama that follows a diverse team of detectives at the local police department as they solve crimes on the picturesque island of Oahu.

What an original idea! :roll:

Book 'em Gecko!

I hope it's a good show anyways. I'll definitely watch it if just to see Gecko's tikis. Aaaah...who am I kidding? Of course I'll watch it. I even watch Magnum reruns every now and then.

Speaking of detective shows based on Oahu... I tape Five-O and watch it everyday when I get home from work. A couple of weeks ago Season One was due to wrap up with the episode "The Big Kahuna." To my dismay, they skipped that episode and jumped into Season Two. I emailed the TV station (I don't usually do geeky things like that but goddammit I wanted to see that episode! It was about a guy who kept seeing Pele!) and they responded that they don't have every episode, only the digitized ones and are only contracted to show the digitized episodes. So I'm thinking that maybe some company might be thinking about releasing Five-O on DVD someday soon. Hope so.

K
Kenike posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2004 6:47 PM

I hate cop shows but I'll watch just to see Gecko's tiki's.

:tiki:

D

I'll only watch if Jack Lord is on.

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2004 8:13 PM

5 of the seven were carved by me. 2 are made of resin. When she came by and I showed her my tiny 6 peace chicken nugget inventory, she looked at one sitting on my shelf throwing the Shaka sign.....she said "Is that one for rent to?" I said "no....but go ahead and just take it for free" It was Crazy Al's shaka or hang tiki. I thought da crazy man Al would get a kick out of seeing his creation on da show. So I don't know which episode it will be in but I'll be watching dat one as well as da one filmed at La Mariana.

GECKO wrote:
...They lady who picked up the tikis said a cast mamber was fired because they refused to work because they were having a bad hair day....give me a break.

The story is as released by NBC:
"Network sources say "creative differences" led to Michael Madsen's departure (who is now replaced by Michael Biehn). Insiders on the set said the actor (Madsen) did not want his black hair lightened for the role, among other issues."

Personally, if you want to pay me fifty to eighty thousand a week salary, you can make my hair pink (although I prefer purple).

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-04-01 20:14 ]

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2004 8:21 PM

I know dats right SCD! you can shave the hair off my okole and glue it to my chin for that much money a week......just kiddin' about da harry okole!!! really!!!

On 2004-04-01 20:14, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Personally, if you want to pay me fifty to eighty thousand a week salary, you can make my hair pink (although I prefer purple).

Shoot... for eighty thousand a week, I'd put a flower in my hair, stare at the sky and call myself Pop Ylop....

K
Kono posted on Fri, Apr 2, 2004 4:02 AM

I actually like Michael Madsen as an actor. I didn't know that he's a primadonna. Michael Biehn played Johnny Ringo in Tombstone! Cool. He's the spittin' image of Hawaiian Dick. Maybe this'll be a good show after all.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Hawaii/index.shtml

Here is the link for this show, Hawaii 5-0 for the new generation? The commercials have been running big time through the Olympics, hard to miss, looks good, are looks deceiving?

But will they have as cool a theme song as Hawaii 5-0? That's a high bar to reach.

I've seen the commericals it's like Hawaii 5-O meets Baywatch Hawaii.

We've been getting commercials for it, doesn't look great but between the title and your Tiki's I will give it a chance for sure.

T

Hawaii - The Island of Crime. I never knew there was so much violence on the peaceful Islands. So much that they had to make a TV series about it. :roll: I'm sure all those natives can't wait to take a vacation to get away from it all. I feel sorry for them. They probally stare out at ocean sunsets dreaming of the day they can leave the crime burden islands forever. Saving their money to move to places like LA, New York, or Detroit. :lol:

Pages: 1 15 replies