Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tonga Room--SAVED!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

I was in San Francisco yesterday for business and knew I just had to check out the Tonga Room. Imagine my shock when I saw the sign that said that it was closed for remodeling! While I was hanging around taking pictures of the entrance two guys in suits came out. I talked to the guy who was not carrying the blueprints and he said that due to "underutilzation" of the space, the Fairmont Corporation has decided to change the Tonga Room into a high end dance club! damn, I missed another great TIki bar. (at least it won;t be a Sports BAR!).
Here is the info from the guys business card; Farseh Gharafi of Fairmont Restaurant Enterprises . RIP!!!

Let's drink, ok?

[ Edited by: FOOLFORTIKIS on 2004-04-02 10:35 ]

[ Edited by: FOOLFORTIKIS on 2004-04-02 10:36 ]

J

This is some awful news! Thank God I made it there a couple years ago... just more proof that we all need to visit the few remaining tiki meccas before they become dance clubs!

An April Fool's Joke? - DAMNIT - you got me! :) That's the second time today!

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2004-04-01 12:59 ]

T

Ha ha - you almost had this April fool fooled!

You know what is scary.
That day may someday come.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-04-01 12:54 ]

T

Geez - I wonder who's cell # that is??!

T

Everybody call that number now!

D

Hmmm...had me there for a sec.

Thank god it was an April Fool.

PHEW!

I hope my cube-mates didn't hear me exclaim "Oh Fu*k", when I read this. Very funny in a sick sorta way.

M
mig posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2004 4:45 PM

I called the number and almost left a message telling him they should fire the "Jack"-ass that runs the Tonga Room. But I was worried he would think I was April Fooling.

Because of the overwhelming response, the Fairmont Management has decided NOT to go ahead with the building of "Dante's FX" the high-end dance club that was going to replace the Tonga Room. LET'S PARTY!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies