Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

A Very Velour Wedding - All Photos Added

Pages: 1 4 replies

I had the honor of attending Johnnie Velour and Lady Velour's wedding yesterday, along with many other TC friends. It was a beautiful and memorable event - and it was great to catch up with so many friends.

The Wedding and Reception were held at The Reef restaurant in Long Beach, CA. Which has a bit of tiki history itself. It was once upon a time a magnificent Tiki Restaurant in its own right. Here's a photo of an old placemat from the restaurant:

Unfortunately the old restaurant burned down sometime in the 1970s, I believe, and the new restaurant was built without a sense of the old tiki past.

However, we were all standing upon hallowed ground, nonetheless, and the ancient tiki mana made the wedding go off without a hitch, (or maybe Lady Velour's precise planning had something to do with the matter), and the resaurant is still a beautiful location, with wonderful views of the harbor and the Queen Mary from the rooftop gardens.

Here are a few photos:

Waiting for the bride to arrive

The exchanging of vows

And the newly married Mr & Mrs Velour. (Wow, that seemed to take a lot longer in person).

And now the Reception:

Just Married

First Dance

Naomi, Tikibelle & Futura Girl

Other Tiki-Centralites who could not refrain from dancing.

Doctor Z guarding the gifts

The Gorgeous Cake

Mrs. Velour just knows that Johnnie is not going to play nice.

Johnnie V goes for the garter and comes up with a "No Trespassing" sign.

A second try comes up with an oven mitt.

Some of the Guests

Al & Shely

Atomic Cocktail (who incidentally MADE Lady Velour's wedding hat), and Vintage Girl.

Doctor Z, Z-girl, & Z-girl's nephew.

SugarCaddyDaddy & SugarCaddyMama

Polynesian Pop, Futura Girl, Floratina, & Tiki Pug

Monkeyman shooting the video

Aquarj & Naomi

Mrs. Pug & Tiki Pug

Vintage Girl, Atomic Cocktail & Trader Pup

Winding it up with cigars on the patio

Now THAT'S my kind of woman!

Congratulations to the Velours and thanks again for sharing your big day with us. I had the best time.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-04-07 18:29 ]

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-04-08 10:42 ]

DZ

On 2004-04-02 15:06, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I had the honor of attending Johnnie Velour and Lady Velour's wedding yesterday, along with many other TC friends.

Yesterday?? The wedding was March 27th!

(Uhhh... Sabu, how much did you have to drink at the reception?)

Congradulations to Johnny and Lady velour. I wish I could have made it but was out of town that date. I'm sure I'll see you two in Veags though and I can give ya each a congradulatory hug.

TMF

I wish that I could have made it myself. However, I think that they still maybe getting hitched again this weekend at Viva, the back of my truck...... Hmmmmm. Anyone else going to make it? I hope so.....

My apologies for getting these pictures out so late!

Doctor Z - It's as much a mystery to me as it is to you. I started this post the day after the wedding, then had to leave the house before finishing or posting it. When I came back, the computer had been re-set and I lost my window and the part of the post I was working on. It must have been sitting out there in the ether, though, because suddenly, days later, it appears on Tiki Central. How can that happen!?

Oh well, no harm done, I guess.

Pages: 1 4 replies