Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mai Kai photo's from last year!

Pages: 1 4 replies

R
rocky posted on Sat, Apr 3, 2004 5:59 PM

Hi again, I introduced myself earlier on the new member thread, my name is Rocky, and I would like to share these photo's I took of the Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale.

I have a question for some of our long time visitors to the Mai Kai.How much of the resturant has changed since they widened Rt.1?
I remember about 20 years ago the idols lined the sidewalk and you could see the tables etc right from there as well.

[ Edited by: rocky on 2004-04-03 18:01 ]

Thanks for posting the pics! I absolutely love that place, and get a feeling euphoria every time I go there. Heaven on earth for any serious tikiphile--the only place that gets it right in every way. Great show, great food, GREAT drinks, and TiPSY factor off the charts. Anyone who hasn't been there needs to save up, eat mustard sandwiches for three months, and make the trip. Flights are cheap enough, sleep on the curb if you have to. Do it now before Jeb Bush bulldozes the place for sport.

S

The last picture of the huge guy in the agrden, reminds me again. I want to set the record straight. The penis that used to be on this tiki long ago, was not removed by the Mai Kai because of offended visitors. It was removed by rot.

UB

On 2004-04-04 23:56, Swanky wrote:
The penis that used to be on this tiki long ago, was not removed by the Mai Kai because of offended visitors. It was removed by rot.

May I take this opportunity to quote a lyric by The Who, "My Generation":"I hope I die before I get old!"

R
rocky posted on Mon, Apr 5, 2004 2:02 PM

Thanks, I love that place as well. I'll be back down there in late May.

Pages: 1 4 replies