Aug. 24th
the Baja Cantina Hawaiian Pig Roast
with King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis!
Baja Cantina
311 Washington Blvd.
Marina Del Rey, CA
4:30 ish to 9:30 ish

Mach Turtle Prods. will be setting up a tiki table with offerings
from Crazy Al, trinkets from Mauna Kai Hawaii (of Maui) and surf, slack key and exotica CDs for sale!

Could be fun...

[ Edited by: floratina on 2002-08-22 22:26 ]

A

Tina,
It's the Oceanside Longboard Contest this weekend. There will be surfing, Hula Dancing and the Outrigger Race. So we aren't going to make it this time.
Al

DZ

Floratina--
It looks like Z Girl and I will be able to make it, albeit a bit late... I didn't think I'd need a fix of The King so quickly after last Sunday, but, hey - he's addicting!! Do you think "Sven" will make another appearance?

thanks for alerting the tiki masses about our little do at the Baja Cantina tomorrow. hopefully, i won't get arrested at the early morning Bush protest at the Regency Club on Wilshire. if i'm not at the Cantina by 3:30 to set up my table of goodies, you'll know why :wink:

Jamie

Good going Spongecookie, I look forward to seeing you at the cantina! What a coincidence - I am going to be at the rally tomorrow morning, but I regret to tell you I'll be on the OTHER SIDE of the street :) They will probably separate the groups and so long as no one starts lobbing bottles or anything, it should be cool. The PD will be well prepared.

I don't know if you remember what I look like, but I remember you. Perhaps I should wear an aloha shirt. I'll keep an eye out for you.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2002-08-24 00:01 ]

How sweet is this?
One on one side the other on the other side, YET
At TIKI Central all is good, all is equal.
Sappy Sappy Sappy,
You guys are going to look funny throwing Tiki mugs back and forth across the street.
Just remeber to keep the Bush wear it belongs?

So, was there a riot?

On 2002-08-25 08:22, bamboo ben wrote:
So, was there a riot?

not in LA...but in Portland (where there were upwards of 2500 plus), the police behaved like gestapo with their riot gear and pepper-spraying indiscriminantly, including young children and an infant (for real accounts of what went on, go to http://www.indymedia.org and go to the Portland link). it was a peaceful protest until the police ran amok. btw...the LA news reports were ridiculous as usual...saying there were a "few dozen protesters" in Westwood....excuse me? there were more like 300 plus! i was there. it makes the corporate media look like idiots when your average person drives by, sees the crowd, goes home and watches the false reporting.

other than that, i had a wonderful day. the luau at the Baja Cantina was killer! thanks to all you tikiheads who made it....even that nice blonde republican lady....hehe :wink:

"It'd be so much easier if she were a dick taster" ..... Bill Clinton

A thing of tiki is a joy forever

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-08-27 14:09 ]

Naughty, naughty Bong!

Spongecookie: Something that drives us nuts about coverage of our past rallys/protests is when we have like 150 people and the opposition has about 10 there and when you see a recap on Eyewitness News or whatever, it's as though there were an equal number on both sides. There were only a handful of us crashing your protest, and there were a gazillion of you. Since I didn't see any of the news reports, how did they cover that aspect?

Pages: 1 9 replies