Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Am I damned by a tiki god ???

Pages: 1 12 replies

V

I am so desperate :

For the second time in a year, my tiki mugs shelves broke with all the mugs on it. I had to repair about 20 mugs the first time, and now there's even more...some are completly un-repairable (trader vic's salt and pepper shakers that are in pieces...)
I think there is some bad voodoo spirit in my tiki bar.
What can i do ? I'm already giving the tiki gods all my money...

TB

My Condolences.

S

Sounds like it's time to invest in stronger shelves. If the shelf failed, make sure it doesn't. If the mugs were knocked off, get some putty and stick them down.

UB

You know that cheesy saying,” when you get lemons, make lemonade"?
Take the broken pieces of your mugs and make a cool looking mosaic for you’re bar top or frame it to hang behind the bar.

Did you have Poly Pop over for a visit?

Or were you thinking about Poly Pop?

Or did you say something in a Poly Pop-ish kinda way?

Just going through the checklist.

(I mourn with, you Virani! Ooooowwwww!)

Oh this is terrible! Im so sorry! Make sure you use a studfinder before you hang your next batch of shelves. The first rule of shelving is to use a studfinder.

if you suspect bad spirits or negative energy in general... burn some sage around the room.. or do your whole house..it is a very cleansing herb.

i actually had a similar thing happen to me.. but siamese cats were to blame!!

[ Edited by: ekman spiral on 2004-04-05 23:14 ]

I went through the same experience with my first mug shelf. I made it out of bamboo, plywood & lauhala. It's small (two shelf, 16 mugs). I hung it like I would a large picture with those little eye-bolts and one strand of piano wire. As fortune would have it, only one side pulled out and the shelf swung around only ejecting & smashing three mugs...my least favourite ones. I felt blessed. The Gods of Tiki spared my best mugs and at the same time provided me with a useful lesson in shelf hanging.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-04-06 00:17 ]

T

Here is another option for you. Just saw this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28135&item=2391144289&rd=1

Sorry for the lost I think I am going to take mine down and redo my shelves. I have heard too many horror stories.

V

thank you all for your support...I'm looking for new shelves right now, and i'm gonna do this real strong or maybe i'll leave everything and move to an enchanted tiki isle, with tiki mugs dancing on the beach, with some exotica tune in the air, semi naked wahine offering me drinks confected by Victor Bergeron...

oopps, i'd better stop drinking this.

T

On 2004-04-06 09:39, tiki410 wrote:
Here is another option for you. Just saw this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28135&item=2391144289&rd=1

Behold the power of marketing!

On 2004-04-05 16:47, TikiGoddess wrote:
Oh this is terrible! Im so sorry! Make sure you use a studfinder before you hang your next batch of shelves. The first rule of shelving is to use a studfinder.

I had no idea what a 'studfinder' was, so used a search-engine. Now I really hope my wife doesn't use the PC over the next few days....:(

Trader Woody

D

In a similar vein,I won a wonderful tiki mirrored shelf with terrific tropical carvings on it.I was salivating with anticipation for it to grace a wall in our house.Well,my husband called me at work to say that the lady who was selling it said her husband was carrying the boxed shelf down the stairs and DROPPED IT! Busted up big time-they were very contrite-said they'd try to fix it and send us a picture of the repair and if it was up to our standards,we could buy it for the price I bid.She sent us our check back-lovely gesture,but it was (and is)a big fat disappointment.Nuts.

Pages: 1 12 replies