Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: What an ugly muthah: Feather Face !

Pages: 1 20 replies

NOT Leather Face...but why Feather Face if he doesn't have any feathers? Find out at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3906770104

Apparently everybody is SPEECHLESS at the sheer visual force of this object d'art. (I told you I was gonna keep the better ones for later.)

You can react without fearing the wrath of Ku, I promise. This hovering around the bare bones reserve is unnerving. Where is danlovestikis when one needs him...

...PHOOOEEEE...(the sound of wind)...tumbleweeds blowin'....the bidders have left the building

K

i'm frightened Sven....no!

Booo, e-bay is sooo bo-ring, nobody bids anymore after the first day it seems...
til the last day. Why not have TWO day auctions then. Is that normal? Or do people maybe not LIKE this mug?
(This is an honest question, I really don't follow auctions enough to know if this is a trend.)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-04-09 08:41 ]

T

Wow, Bigbro, you are shameless!

DOn't go for the 2 day auction - even if people aren bidding, they're looking. You gotta give people time to look. They'll bid later.

Tikifish is right, Bigbro.

A lot of E-bayers sort their searches by "newest items first" and for some reason, the 2 & 5-day auctions get lost in the stack. I recently posted a lot of 11 Smothers Brothers lps on a 5-day auction because I needed the cash sooner. I didn't get a single bid, and very few hits on my auction counter. I re-listed as a 7-day auction and the response was fantastic. Lots of bids and a closing price of over $40.00. Stick with the 7-day auctions. (Doctor-Z uses 10-day auctions exclusively and has even better results).

Be patient and I think you'll find that you'll get most of your bids in the last few hours of the auction - at least that's the pattern I see on my popular items.

Sabu

P.S. The mugs are FANTASTIC and I wish I could afford them. I'd love to finance a trip to Spain with Catalonian mugs myself. I can also see that I need to learn a thing or two about photographing and lighting my own E-bay items from you.

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-04-09 13:45 ]

On 2004-04-09 13:37, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Tikifish is right, Bigbro.

How, in that I am shameless? :)

Tikifish wrote: "...even if people aren't bidding, they're looking"

Looking, schmooking. Yeah, but does LOOK not create WANT, and does WANT not create BID !?

Well, to be honest, I couldn't afford these mugs at these prices myself...but I gotta sell them to people who can, so I can afford them. It's a vicious, twisted circle. Sorta like a drug dealer, he he...he
(insane grin)...you see, first I get you all hooked, and then...

Sabu, I dig your new logo, with the dancer over the type, it is as if she is calling "SABOOOO...!"

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-04-10 01:03 ]

D

Look certainly does create want and want certainly does create bid,but checkbook says you've got the mortgage to pay.I'd love to have some of these beauties,but they're WAY off my financial radar,so looking is what I'll have to settle for.

T

What I mean by looking is, you are finding many more potential buyers by keeping it on longer. They will likely be bookmarking your auction and then bid at the last minute. The less time you put it up, the less people will be bidding against each other at the last minute.

Don't worry! Plus, they can smell desperation... try to conceal the fact that you need the mug money for your burgeoning crack habit, would ya?

Bigbro,

Did the last-minute sniping on your auction raise the final price to an acceptable one? Were you overjoyed? Just pleased? Disappointed? Do we expect better things from Spanish mugs?

Sabu

On 2004-04-15 11:10, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Bigbro,

Did the last-minute sniping on your auction raise the final price to an acceptable one?

Very much so

Were you overjoyed? Just pleased?

The latter

Disappointed?

See above

Do we expect better things from Spanish mugs?

Like what..that they can talk and say "Thank you"..?

...say, are you putting me on here? :)

HOLY SHITE! You know at $214.16 it's starting to get to the point where one could FLY to Spain and buy several!!!

It's just a mug people!!!!!

PS: Good for you Bigbro!

On 2004-04-17 11:09, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
HOLY SHITE! You know at $214.16 it's starting to get to the point where one could FLY to Spain and buy several!!!

My next few posts may well be from Spain!
I've been debating going back to Barcelona, but that final price takes the biscuit....

Nice one Big Bro!

Trader Woody

On 2004-04-17 18:00, Trader Woody wrote:

I've been debating going back to Barcelona, but that final price takes the biscuit....

Nice one Big Bro!

Trader Woody

Bring a BIG bag with ya Woody!

WOW!!!!! What a unique pleasure to find that Sven "By the way, you are aware that I am the 'author' of 'the book of.........." Tiki promotes his auctions on this site. What an inspiring and trend setting individual he is. That's just super keen. I sure wish that I had the dolLARS to own such a coveted item. chuckle

[ Edited by: TikiDeath on 2004-04-19 03:02 ]

Yah, nice to meet you too, chuckling one from the land of Oceanic Arts.

On 2004-04-19 02:58, TikiDeath wrote:
WOW!!!!! What a unique pleasure to find that Sven "By the way, you are aware that I am the 'author' of 'the book of.........." Tiki promotes his auctions on this site. What an inspiring and trend setting individual he is. That's just super keen. I sure wish that I had the dolLARS to own such a coveted item. chuckle

Oh my TikiDeath, "Living La Vida Lars" sure makes you one happy person. Tee Hee.

V

On 2004-04-17 18:00, Trader Woody wrote:

On 2004-04-17 11:09, Atomic Cocktail wrote:

Nice one Big Bro!

Trader Woody

Hey Woody, let's make a european tiki trip to Barcelona...i'm with you.

On 2004-04-26 14:54, virani wrote:
Hey Woody, let's make a european tiki trip to Barcelona...i'm with you.

Virani,

Yeah, I'd be up for that. It'll have to be a little later on in the year as I'm just starting a new job in a week or so and will need to save up the Euros. (Those mugs are pretty expensive in Spain! 14-36 Euros each)

Trader Woody

V

On 2004-04-28 02:15, Trader Woody wrote:

Virani,

Yeah, I'd be up for that. It'll have to be a little later on in the year as I'm just starting a new job in a week or so and will need to save up the Euros. (Those mugs are pretty expensive in Spain! 14-36 Euros each)

Trader Woody

I was thinking about going there maybe in July, around the 14th to 18th.
But it could be later...

Pages: 1 20 replies