Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mervyns: Tiki towels

Pages: 1 20 replies

E

They have two different styles of towels with tiki designs. One in bright colors, another in mostly blue, greens and white.

Nowadays one has to ask, but what does qualify as "Tiki designs" for you? Does that mean they have actual Tikis (in whatever form) in the print? Just wondering if I should make the trip to the Galleria...

(I was not going to repeat my motto, but what the heck, EVERYBODY, just repeat after me:
"IF IT SAYS TIKI ON IT, IT SHOULD HAVE TIKI IN IT!")

UB

On 2004-04-06 14:50, bigbrotiki wrote:
(I was not going to repeat my motto, but what the heck, EVERYBODY, just repeat after me:
"IF IT SAYS TIKI ON IT, IT SHOULD HAVE TIKI IN IT!")

Hey Bigbro!
That would make a great motto for Tiki Condoms.

On 2004-04-06 16:28, Unga Bunga wrote:
Hey Bigbro!
That would make a great motto for Tiki Condoms.

...IF they said TIKI on them, (or even better, had a Tiki imprinted on them)...
Slogan: It's not a Woody, it's a Tiki!

...hey, they could double as party balloons!

Oh no, what am I saying...somebody might actually do that... :( just what the Tiki revival needed...TIKI CONDOMS!

..but back to my original question:

On 2004-04-06 18:06, bigbrotiki wrote:
Slogan: It's not a Woody, it's a Tiki!

Have you been talking to my wife?

Trader Woody

Trader Woody...get your mind outta the gutter! I think you should be cut off from all randy exotica.

E

Ok, Big Bro...I snapped a pic JUST FOR YOU! I bought this beach towel because they only had ONE left in this design. They had at least 6 with the other pattern.

Tiki has TIKI IN IT!

I failed to mention the pretty hibiscus blossoms too, now didn't I...

E

p.s. actual towel colors are slightly darker than the photo. Of course I don't know what you're seeing through your monitor.

E

Here's another view of that towel for you (I put this pic in the Michael's float thread).

Ok Ok, I'm goin'. WHICH department do they have those in at Merv's?

BT

Okay I'm giving posting pics a go here cross your fingers...
first off a towl from mervyns...

and another
Both are pics from the tags but I ended up with 3 pool/beach towls. they are okay I guess better than frigging nemo towls anyway.
hey 1:00pm thats a good time to start drinking! gotta rum, ah run.
C-ya,

Bwana Tiki

[ Edited by: Bwana Tiki on 2004-04-07 14:04 ]

[ Edited by: Bwana Tiki on 2004-04-07 14:05 ]

E

BigBro...the towels are upstairs. In our store they were in two areas. One near bedding, and the one I picked up was draped over a chair with the tropical stuff on display.

Bwana...Thanks for the pics. The second photo is the bright towel I mentioned, the first one I didn't see. Maybe there's more designs...who knows.

Wow, I found FOUR different designs, your first included, all from the "Tropical Punch" label.
I got the Tiki Surf Club (with the Tiki from the Trader Vic menu BOT p.90) one, though it's fabric is super thin, just like my fave, the Tiki Mug one (the last one posted), which I think has really cool modern Tiki designs. Can't complain for 9.- bucks!
Then I got a thicker one, called Riki Tiki. It cost more, and the Tikis are a little "off" in a naive way, but it has a nice Tiki border...
PLUS they had a swimming pool scene with cartoony characters where the girl in the foreground and the whole concept reek of Shag!

On 2004-04-07 21:14, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wow, I found FOUR different designs, your first included, all from the "Tropical Punch" label.
I got the Tiki Surf Club (with the Tiki from the Trader Vic menu BOT p.90) one, though it's fabric is super thin, just like my fave, the Tiki Mug one (the last one posted), which I think has really cool modern Tiki designs. Can't complain for 9.- bucks!
Then I got a thicker one, called Riki Tiki. It cost more, and the Tikis are a little "off" in a naive way, but it has a nice Tiki border...
PLUS they had a swimming pool scene with cartoony characters where the girl in the foreground and the whole concept reek of Shag!

That's it! I quit! Big Bro has gone over the edge!

D

ARGH!!! I would love those! I work at Target so I get a 20% discount at Mervyns. Of course there are no Mervyns close to me and the web site has no towels at all for them! :( Oh well. Maybe I could talk the Wahine into the 135mi drive for 3 beach towels? :wink:

Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks - Lin Yutang

[ Edited by: Dimethios on 2004-04-08 18:47 ]

BT

Alright it is now official, I have lost my friggin mind. I picked up a few towls at mervyns ant tossed one on a chair, the next thing ya know I'm back getting more and tossing 'em on the sofa. I thought I wanted a change at the poolhuas and now i'm up to my nuts in garish towls.

behold the power of alcohol...

man do I feel dopey,

S

I dream about being that dopey...it's beautiful!

E

Bwana...

A++ on creative "toweling". ha ha ha too funny! It actually looks really good, and from the pic there's no way you'd know those were towels! Good fabric for absorbing all those tiki drink spills... :wink:

E

Bwana...

A++ on creative "toweling". ha ha ha too funny! It actually looks really good, and from the pic there's no way you'd know those were towels! Good fabric for absorbing all those tiki drink spills... :wink:

Mervyn's San Diego ad now has alot of Tiki & "Island" pieces, like tiki throw pillows:

‘Island Fun’ toss pillows

And a comforter set in a Hibiscus print:

‘Belize’ comforter set. Twin-king

‘Hula Girl’ bath coordinates

melamine 'Hula Girl' dinnerware & drinkware

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-05-18 12:17 ]

Oh no, now i know where my wife will be going tonight...

Pages: 1 20 replies