Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Polynesian Radio Program in Sydney

Pages: 1 2 replies

TM

Aloha & Talofa Lava!
If you're in Sydney, tune in every night to 98.5FM from around 11pm to hear the lovely Penelope who hosts the radio show "Voice of the Pacific". Music from all over the South Pacific gets an airing here that wouldn't be heard on any other station. I particularly like her nightly dedication "to any listeners out there who are in a hospital or jail, somewhere in Sydney".
I love my Exotica ( Denny, Baxter, Lyman etc)
but this contemporary polynesian pop can grow on you.
Kia Orana & Bula Vinaka!

Tiki Motu!
Is there any chance that she has her program on any internet radio connections? If not, let her know that some of us freaky tiki's in the U.S. would like to hear her program!

SugarCaddyDaddy

TM

G'day & Talofa Lava,
Being a community radio station,98.5FM (which goes by the name of 2000FM)has a very casual manner.Timeslots aren't exactly adhered to. Sometimes Penelope (pronounced 'Penny Lopay') has to extend the program from it's average 2hour duration to 3 or 4 hours because the next presenters haven't arrived at the station yet!
Adding further to the South Pacific experience - 'Penny' will have lengthy on-air chats with her loyal listeners. Just like in the islands - there's no reason to hurry along. One of my favourite groups she plays is the RSA Band of Independent Samoa - then 4 years ago when I had 3 weeks backpacking around Independent Samoa(formerly Western Samoa)I visited the RSA club & saw the Band play live. Something I wouldn't have known about if it wasn't for 'Penny' & her program 'Voice of the Pacific'.
The station has a website but it is still 'under construction'.Like the islands, it may take a while!

http://www.2000fm.com/

Cheers & Talofa

Pages: 1 2 replies