Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Some thing I did for some guy

Pages: 1 14 replies

BT

Okay fine I never post anything I do so...

Image deleted

here is some thing I did for some guy, it used to be a 51 bullet nose but he asked for a change, whatever, I never got around to changing it back. gee ya think I ever saw a fink before? how many influences can you pick out in this thing, its filthy wit 'em.

Bwana Tiki

[ Edited by: Bwana Tiki on 2004-04-07 14:20 ]

[ Edited by: Bwana Tiki on 2004-04-09 20:44 ]

ima throw out the obvious with big daddy roth... j$

T

Bwana,

Who was the guy you did it to, I mean for?

BT

just some guy with a repo shop. he wanted it for t shirts or some crap, x ams gifts or something like that. he never used it. "so what"...
just some little thingy i banged out.

Roth and.....
I can think of 5 more off the top of my head, and it has a point on it, so if you are a roung header it should be easy.

T

Well, this is an easy one, but I definately see Frank Marnetta's influence there...

But, why is there a T-square flying out the back when they don't even fly?

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-04-07 16:45 ]

Are you and Crazy Al cousins??

BT

don't really know who Frank is sorry bong...
point to Ben,
3 more to go...

T

Influences? Hmmmmm....have to pull some of my old CARtoons mags out of the basement closet. (I had a couple of cartoons published in CARtoons back in the early '80s, so still have some issues of CARtoons around.)
One influence for sure is the King of CARtoons mag: George Trosley.
One can even learn to draw like George Trosley at his website:
http://www.georgetrosley.com/howto.html
George knows how to draw the hot rods!

http://www.toontoonz.com

C

On 2004-04-07 18:37, ToonToonz wrote:
Influences? Hmmmmm....have to pull some of my old CARtoons mags out of the basement closet.

I was going to say Shawn Kerri, who also did some work for CARtoon, the Circle Jerks and other punk bands playin' around L.A. during the 80's.

Anyway, its a very cool picture. I have always liked that Cartoon hotrod style.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-07 19:16 ]

Chongolio and Toon, piont fer CARtoons, Spent a lot of time as a kid wit my head in them mags, only fleeting memories these days but the names Kip and Kevin seem to be rattling around. and LA Punk Rock in the early 80's, I couldn't even pretend to have not noticed that, in fact I was up ta my nuts in it. hadn't even crossed my mind but know that yea mention it...
Whoa... toonz cool link!
Point'a'Piece.
All who have 1 point are hereby promoted to the rank of "Fat Pirate", which entitles you to everything you already have, plus anything you can take by force.
congratulations.

and then....

Bwana Tiki

[ Edited by: Bwana Tiki on 2004-04-07 23:48 ]

[ Edited by: Bwana Tiki on 2004-04-07 23:51 ]

T

On 2004-04-07 18:31, Bwana Tiki wrote:
don't really know who Frank is sorry bong...

I made Frank Marnetta up, but IF he existed I'd imagine he'd be into drawing (and doing weird things to small animals) and would probably draw tires just like the ones on your car.

1. Hanna Barbera?
  2. William Sydney Mount?
  3. Right Said Fred?
  4. Moritz Ruhl?
K
Kanaka posted on Thu, Apr 8, 2004 5:55 PM

Very cool! I think I'd prefer the bullet nose. And what is the stuff flying out of the back(i.e t-square, keyboard, CDs, document) and it's significance? It almost makes me think the wahine with the Tiki just graduated from engineering/architecture school and is brandishing her diploma as the tools of her education spill out of the back of the hotrod......

Kanaka

[ Edited by: Kanaka on 2004-04-08 17:59 ]

BT

Right Said Fred!?! okay fine, so I'm to sexxy for my uke, sue me...
And as for all the junk flying outta the back, its a sad story of architecture and loathing, plan views and pain, autoCAD and coasters. I really need to put the bullet nose back in fornt and fronds and leaf litter out the back. it was drawn up for my reproduction guy, he was gonna print 'em up on shirts and pass 'em around fer X-mas, but never got around to it. since it was a freebee for a bud I made my version (bullet nose, tiki mug and leafy crud) and then changed it up for his shop stuff, snub nose, blue prints, and shop tools. I just posted this version because it was taped up on a wall and I happened to snap a shot of it and noticed it on my computer. on any account I guess there are more than 3 influences left, I had forgotten about CARtoons until it was brought up but it seems clear as day once someone points it out. intresting excercise, keep 'em comming if ya like, I'm digging this.

BT

hey thanks that was fun... and down she goes,

Pages: 1 14 replies