Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki oasis IV ticket confirmation?

Pages: 1 21 replies

Has anyone gotten a confirmation that they have purchased tickets? I have not received tickets in the mail, or an e-mail. My check did clear, though. Should I be expecting tickets?

T
TM1

Hey, got the same problem! What's the deal?

TM1

Wait...does this mean that we get nothing in the mail, and just check in at the event? What about a comfirmation? I would hate to drive all the way out there, and find out my name is not on the list!

O

We received our confirmation via e-mail on March 29th (we sent our check in January) Otto said he was catching up on paperwork and that our names were "on the list".

I don't think anything is coming via snail mail.

This is a huge event to plan. Lots of work. Just drop him an e-mail and ask if you're on the list. I'm sure it's fine.

:drink:

Pick up the phone
Dial the Hotel
Ask the pretty man or women to confirm
If you are at the Tropics, you should get your bands when you check in.
All other people E-mail Otto at 12:00 this Saturday to see if we can clog his system.
Just kidding. Maybe try one at a time single file, Please keep your hands to yourself.
Line up right behind Bong, now everyone in the pool.

TM1

Can anyone give me Otto's phone number? I have emailed several times to his email, as listed on the Tiki Oasis website, and each time, I get a "message undeliverable" result. The problem is that we are not staying at the tropics, but at another hotel nearby, so calling them for a confirmation would be for what reason?
All I need to know is if our names are on the list, and we never got an email confirmation from Otto..and the check has cleared a long time ago.

MB

Otto's phone #...I think that might be a negative.
Mick, Mick, Mick....aren't you with the band, man?? Dude, it's not a Stones Concert...we'll get you in if we have to hoist you over the fence. Or, in a worse case scenario (or maybe not), you can stand still and play the part of the stolen tiki by the spa.
OASIS!!!!

TM1

On 2004-04-14 22:09, Mrs. B wrote:
Mick, Mick, Mick....aren't you with the band, man?? Dude, it's not a Stones Concert...we'll get you in if we have to hoist you over the fence. Or, in a worse case scenario (or maybe not), you can stand still and play the part of the stolen tiki by the spa.
OASIS!!!!

Well, it's not for me that I am worried..I will have a guitar in my hands..they will know me...it's my wahine and our babysitter (that's who we sent a check in for) that I am worried about. Like I said, we got no email confirmation that he had received our check....and I am not into taking chances..I would hate to drive up there, and have them say "you and your girlfriend are on the list, but this third person you have with you is not, and now we are totally sold out and at capacity"

Especially after the check cleared already!

On 2004-04-15 08:40, tiki mick wrote:

On 2004-04-14 22:09, Mrs. B wrote:
OASIS!!!!

Well, it's not for me that I am worried..I will have a guitar in my hands..they will know me...it's my wahine and our babysitter (that's who we sent a check in for) that I am worried about. Like I said, we got no email confirmation that he had received our check....and I am not into taking chances..I would hate to drive up there, and have them say "you and your girlfriend are on the list, but this third person you have with you is not, and now we are totally sold out and at capacity"

Especially after the check cleared already!

Have'em carry your amp & be your "Roadies" & "Backup Singers."

Maybe Otto is having computer problems considering the virus some people have been receiving from him and Baby Doe recently.

Hi V-girl, that's what the Baxdog was telling me!

I am just worried...we don't have a lot of money, and we had to rent a fairly expensive room....we have a guest, and her child.... Not having ever been to Tiki Oasis before, I don't know how strict they are...I can't be worrying about getting my family in, when I should be concentrating on playing the bass with my band,.... and getting really, really f%$#@cked up off lapu lapu's and mai-tais..

as you can see, I have my priorities right!!

Anyway, I hope Otto is reading this! Perhaps he can use a friend's computer, and put up a post about ticket confirmation, or answer this one!

Mick, maybe you can start a new thread with a title like "Attn: Otto, Having Trouble with Ticket Confirmation. Help!" Or something along those lines. Maybe he or someone he personally knows will see it and tell him about it. In the past, he's been pretty good about answering my questions via email.

(Although I do agree with Mrs. B, that I doubt he wouldn't let someone in to the event that belongs to a band he booked there. I do understand your concern though. As a backup, maybe keep a copy of the check that cleared as proof of payment.)

Or perhaps Kilikopela will read this and rename the thread as Vintagegirl suggested.

I am wondering about how many tickets there are available for a 2-bed, 4 person room. At the Tiki News page, it says that there are 2 complimentary tickets per room. Last year we got 4 because it was a suite (and we were paying the suite price, whoa)

[ Edited by: floratina on 2004-04-15 18:38 ]

Mix 4 mai tai's, drink em' real fast and RELAX PEOPLE!

On 2004-04-14 08:21, tiki mick wrote:
Can anyone give me Otto's phone number?

8675-309!!
8675-309!!
Otto Otto!
Who can I turn to?

I am so bummed that I'm not goin.

On 2004-04-15 22:10, Unga Bunga wrote:

I am so bummed that I'm not goin.

What do you mean you're not going!!!? Bull crap! Be there or else!!!

Hey Rev, can you really fault those who don't want to wait until the last minute to confirm their status?
That Mai Tai suggestion is a good one, in any case :)

B

Tiki Oasis Attendees -

Everyone should have gotten an e-mail with a confirmation #.

This # and your i.d. will be a way for us to check you off of our main list. We run the tickets as if you are on a Will Call list.

You say your name and you are given a wristband in exchange. Pretty basic transaction.

We have been having MAJOR computer issues so we have not been e-mailin' people as often as we would like BUT if you are still concerned about your ticket PLEASE e-mail Otto: [email protected]

I swear we are not walking off with anyones $$. We need every cent to pay for the show!

XOXO Baby Doe

If Otto and Doe steal your money, come see me. I'll be watching little Vander, and I know where he keeps his milk money!

I get to watch little Vander, nyah nyah :)

I get to watch little Vander, nyah nyah :)

Preparing for one your's own?? Score!! Maybe you's should re-new your vows?? (and conceive!!!!)
Happy 1 year!!! (don't eat the frozen cake!!! it's awfull!!)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-04-20 20:20 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-04-20 20:23 ]

On 2004-04-20 20:19, RevBambooBen wrote:

Preparing for one your's own?? Score!! Maybe you's should re-new your vows?? (and conceive!!!!)
Happy 1 year!!! (don't eat the frozen cake!!! it's awfull!!)

no little pineapples yet....we've got a 600 mile bike ride in June!

But we do hope ours will be as cool as Vander, he's the poster child for cute toddlers, and he LOVES Uncle Rich :)

Uncle Rich is very excited about the anniversary tiki bar I'm getting him...
can't wait to see you all!
pineapples

" I DID!!!! "

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-04-20 22:53 ]

Pages: 1 21 replies