Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI OASIS IV- Palm Springs......

Pages: 1 15 replies

A

Well fellow tiki fans,

I made the decision to make the journey from New York City to Palm Springs to attend Tiki Oasis IV and am very excited about it.

Are there any fellow New Yorker's also going? (or people from the East Coast?).

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Mahalo,

Alan Sumac

I hope so. If Fisherman doesn't show up, I'm gonna be extemely disappointed.

Fisherman will certainly be attending Tiki Oasis IV!! Fear not, Alan... you will have fellow New Yorkers by your side to protect you from the West Coast tiki freaks! They're a strange and unruly breed...

See our post in Tiki Events for our pre-Tiki Oasis Celebration at The Purple Orchid on May 1st!! A weekend isn't enough for Fisherman... we need a whole week! (or more...)

Alan, be sure to check out The Fisherman website for our LA area tour schedule, in case you decide to get into town a little early and need some tiki jive.

We're glad you're coming... it'll be a swell time, I'm sure.

See y'all soon!

--tikidrummer
The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

MB

Fear not, Alan...

"New York's allright if you like"....Vibraphonic!!!
ALOHA NY....this is going to be a most excellent Oasis!
ALooooooHA! :)

T

I'll be heading there from Connecticut, via Las Vegas (Baby!) Going to spend a couple days in LV at the Mirage, then drive down. Going to be a great trip!

Oasis' alright if ya like drunks sleeping on your doorway...

Oasis AW-rite if you like buying beer for people when you don't even drink

On 2004-04-14 07:34, thebaxdog wrote:
Oasis AW-rite if you like buying beer for people when you don't even drink

Hey Bax, should we send you money now cause you know it's gonna happen again this year!! You're the best, thanx dude!

Sooo much fun. Hey Ben, is Ski coming again this year?

Strap the kids down
They could Ski-in and Ski-out
SSSSScuze-me mithter Benz
I would love to rum run for you any time!!

Where's the "Who's going to Oasis" list???

RevBambooBen wrote:
Where's the "Who's going to Oasis" list???

I did last years list, but wasn't quite sure if one was needed this year.

If I get enough PM's to do one, then I'll do it again.

MB

Yes, please, if you have the time, update a "who's coming list." That's cool of you to take the time.
Aloha! :)

If I get enough PM's to do one, then I'll do it again

My mystic brain powers are tweakin and telling me that SCD is going to put one up. I can feel it!! Can you???

Hey! Do you think the Gov. reads "Tiki Central?"

WASHINGTON (April 19) - With an eye on a large number of symbolic gatherings, Tiki Oasis, Hukilau, etc. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge is forming a new government task force to better coordinate public and private security - and hopefully prevent the next terrorist attack.

''With so many symbolic gatherings like Tiki Oasis and Hukilau in the next few months, we must be aggressive. These targets of opportunity for the terrorists are opportunities that can't be missed to tighten our security,'' Ridge said, according to remarks prepared for a Monday speech.

Tiki symbolic?????

Is this true??? I hope he said nothing of the kind. Without good ol Ridge's help, the Oasis would have been way below the radar.

Good going Tom.

Pages: 1 15 replies