Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Jet Blue!

Pages: 1 12 replies

Hmmm...for those interested in catching the same flight as a pack, now might be a good time to coordinate :)

DZ

Arrggghhh... It says "Travel must be completed by June 16, 2004." Too bad it won't work for Hukilau!

(Although American Airlines does currently have fares for $203 round trip LAX - FLL for Hukilau weekend...)

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2004-04-10 00:42 ]

I just checked for fares from San Diego. $340 for major airlines and $194 for Jet Blue.

Problem is that the Jet Blue flights connect in New York, JFK airport. Thats WAY off course and adds to the length of the flight a bit.

I am going this year so if anyone finds a stellar deal or wants a travel buddy Im in.

Arrggghhh... It says "Travel must be completed by June 16, 2004." Too bad it won't work for Hukilau!

Huki ain't til' Sept.

Mai Kai FIX now!!!!

Mmmmmmmmm!!!

H

I'd be interested in a jaunt to the Mai Kai sometime in the next couple of months. I've never flown out of Long Beach before -- what's the parking situation like there?

I've never flown out of Long Beach before -- what's the parking situation like there?

basically, long beach airport rocks. Parking's okay (not many people fly out of here so parking pretty easy) - but I've only picked people up and dropped off people. I haven't done any overnight parking, though there is a large lot for long term parking.
The airport is all art deco and MUCH more relaxed than LAX (which is a MADHOUSE). Be sure to check out the greasy spoon restaurant on the second floor and all the historic images of LB airport scattered around the terminal! Too cool!

Humuhumu wrote:
...I've never flown out of Long Beach before -- what's the parking situation like there?

I like Long Beach Airport. It's still pretty much unchanged after all of these years. The art deco styling is really great. The Prop Room (restaurant upstairs) is actually pretty good. You can hang out there or in the bar and can hear boarding calls from there. There are none of those loading ramps ("walk-thru-tunnel-thingies")
to walk through like the larger airports have. You actually enter your plane up the flight of steps like they use to in the old days (reminiscent of the filmclips of The Beatles when they came to the U.S.).

As for parking, it's always been convenient for me. There's both tiered, covered parking or outside daily parking. If you had to park at the furthest spot, then you're no more than about 100/150 yards at the most.

I hope they never refurbish that airport. It's great as it is.

Traderpup, being the resident Long Beach aficionado, might have some pictures. Traderpup?

On 2004-04-11 13:59, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Traderpup, being the resident Long Beach aficionado, might have some pictures. Traderpup?

http://www.wagnernet.com/long_beach_airport.htm

S

Chances are they will have a good deal for September. It's a slow time in FL. Our tickets last year were half normal prices.

T

If you fly out of Toronto it's 99 dollars Canadian to Fort Lauderdale. I beleive it's Jetsgo or one of thouse outfits.

I guess I no longer have an excuse not to come to Hukilau, eh?

Right now on all the travel outfitter websites (expedia, travelocity, etc...) you can get fares for as low as $100 one way. I just booked Northwest Airlines for Hukilau at $100 one way out of Ontario, California and $100 for a ticket home from Ft. Lauderdale. American Airlines and Delta were the same price. If you go directly to the Southwest webpage you should be able to score the same deal as well for September.

Jet Blue was just voted #1 economy airline in da US.

The LB airport is easy. You can park a few blocks away for 6.00 bucks a day. Or, in the structure for 9. a day. Or, you can vallet for 12-19 a day and they wash your car.

Small airports rule!

Also, it is a Historical Landmark for all you historians!

Now lay off of e-bay and go somewhere!!!!

Life is too short!

Pages: 1 12 replies