Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

It's Saturday night... who's drinking?!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Just as the title says... it's Saturday night, who's drinking?\

I just got BBB's Intoxica this week, and so far tonight I have been following a Don the Beachcomber theme.
I've had a "Doctor Funk" (which was so so), and am currently working on a "Don the Beachcomber Zombie." WOWZA!! Now I know why they call it a Zombie... it takes a bite out of ya!

I spent about two hours drining around earlier today looking for the various ingredients listed in Intoxica. Compared to this book and the drinks I've seen listed here, I have always been a bit of a simpleton when it comes to making drinks (although I make a mean margarita!). I went to "Tiki Ti" in LA for the first time last week, and nothing I have EVER made comes close to what I drank there. I had a Panang, and Ray's Mistake, both of which were like nectar from the gods! I can't wait to go back there.

So.... once again.... who's drinking?

-T.J.

P.S. To the powers that be, how about a forum dedicated to "Tiki Drinks"? There seems to be enough interest out there, so a specific forum with recipies and resources is a logical choice. :wink:

Update.... just had a Miehana. Damn good drink!

Anyone else out there?

-T.J.

Ooooff-ah,
I did my drinking on Friday night. Getting pretty good milage out of the volcano bowl!
Aloha,
:tiki:

M

Tonnikan Jinn,

Well here we are on Monday afternoon. Just wanted to check in with ya and see how you faired from Saturday night?
Hope your Easter turned out okay.

Which drink turned out to be your favorite?

P.S. LOVED the update.

Pages: 1 3 replies