Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Where are all the carvers hiding,NO Carvings Posted

Pages: 1 23 replies

B

Whats the deal, there do not seem to be too many postings of new carving work recently. I know Hale Tiki took up a lot of resources and I am limitedbeing tied up by wires and electrodes.There have been shows and weekends and Partys,and more parties(I know one is spelled rite)We have had discussions thet werent too productive, but Guys, lets get it together. we need stuff and More stuff, Sharpen the chizels and open a new box of bandaids and puit the metal to the petal and lets see those chips fly....comonnnn...

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-11 20:22 ]

B

Polynesiac and coolMcDougal you are excused since you just posted.( good work by the way)
Anyone I'm missing???
suburbanpagan counts with his nice candles and pendants and tikis, Goog work suburbanpagan.

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-11 20:55 ]

T

If I had a chainsaw... I'd chainsaw in da morning... I'd chiansaw in de evening... all over this llllaaaaannnd!

Sorry. Got nothin'.

Been shaving bark off of 40 four foot logs... they have to dry...

Oh I've been busy, just not posting pics, but for you Ben, here is a lil som teeng

Chiki! Cool Boat Dude! Can you build a bigger one that will get You, C'Al, Me and Holden over to Catalina? We're talking the So Cal version of the Kon Tiki!!!

Ooops. I forgot. It's got to have a crows nest for King CooKoo!!!

B

Looks pretty Nice. Lots of detail on the bow post. The Rev is right only build it a little bigger yet and swing by SoFlo and pick up the crew here on the way.
See there, Somebody's workin'

I've been busy.....not sure about everyone else. See NEW pics under "Tikis by Gary". Maybe this will explain it alot better.......

G.

B

Tikifreak, I guess you are excused. But now with the wedding coming up, you need to work twice as hard, twice as fast and twice as much. Gotta keep the new bride happy.

Benz, you are right, but the bride is my daughter. Been there done that myself already.....Think I'll just continue to enjoy being a single man for a while myself thank you very much. May 1st it is (the wedding that is)......One more festival between now and then. Need more money.......

G.

Hey Benz, We are still in the trenches with chisels gripped tight.

Here is a lamp that I finished up last month:

Tikidiablo, cool canoe. Is it watertight?

Electricty is your friend!
Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-16 18:00 ]

My frame work has been slow as of late but I just finished a new one. This is a double post so my apologies to those who have seen it already.

B

Chongolio, Nice lamp, I see you have been busy. Monkeyman, your frames are eally awesome. I'd love to watch you carve sometime. In fact it would be great to watch All the TC Carvers at work. It's so interesting to see the different tools and techniques used.
Since my camera is broken I'm trying to use the scanner for Pictures and it is not great.
Here is the last one I finished.Its # 22 and about 3" by 1" Mahogany

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-17 09:13 ]

Ben,

Youve been told before but your work is truly stellar. Many of us enjoy carving and can manage simple designs but you can REALLY bring all the dimension out of your work.

You are the one who I would want to watch while working.

Ben " The Master" Davis, I have a question for you. Exactly wher did you have that tiki placed when the pic was taken? Cheeks? hahaha ha

B

Thanks guys.
I know it looks strange. The tiki was on the scanner glass with a Black cloth over it (black?)yes.
I have to play with it to get it right.

D

Benzart, I dont carve with a colt 45 long. But I do use knives. Just got a set, and learing to sharpen them. Try my hand at carving , using cut offs from my new fence. will post them as soon as I can get the prints done.

[ Edited by: doctiki on 2004-04-19 20:04 ]

B

Doc, take care with the fence wood which is filled with chemicals to preserve the wood. they can be deadly. Usingknives is not bad if you keep your hands clean, Sanding is another matter. You Must wear a heavy duty Dust Mask.
Got pix yet, c'mon it's been 20 minutes already....

D

First ,the wood is 2# dug. fir not treated ,or pressure treated lumber. I work in house framing, but thanks for the warning ,we all need to practice safe craving. As for the pic.,I have to learn how to scan them in ( have to have my kid show me how).

[ Edited by: doctiki on 2004-04-24 16:27 ]

G

Sorry Benzo! I been so busy with so many new projects I hardly have any time fo carving. But I did start on a mask fo Formikahini. Just needs a protective coat and da hanging bracket on back and it's done.

It's pretty big dat wun. I hope she don't have plywood walls!

Eh braddah Benzart, I got your bad ass Maori charm.....AUUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEE! Love it! cannot wait fo put'em on da uddah string....my big puka shell! Mahaloz brah! I'll wear it with pride!

SHAKA Ben!

B

Gecko...that one is beautiful!!! :o

B

Yo Gecko,
Nice to see some work from you. That is a Mighty fine mask. Missin your work.
Glad you received your Maori and that you like it.
More carvings..More Pix..

Doctor says I can start back carving in 3 weeks if I start slow. I didn't tell him I was Already carvin a little bit and doin it slow. I have just been finishin up stuff I started earlier. I don't want him to have to re-do this again,,no way.

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-04-22 21:08 ]

D

Benzart, here is my picture of my frist carvings. Left to right 1st 3rd 2nd, with a 12 by 8 framing sq.

B

Way to go Doc, not bad for your first. Don't lose this pic and take more. One day you will want to look back at these pictures.The more you carve, the better you get.

Pages: 1 23 replies