Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Possible Tiki Theft

Pages: 1 6 replies

Ok LA area tiki centralites, it looks as though someone stole a package from my building that contained a tiki gardens candy tray. So should anyone see one of these for sale ( particularly the Pasadena area )there is a chance that migh have been the tray in question.
Theres still a chance that the Post Office has it somewhere in it's Orwellian grasp, but just in case, keep an eye open.
Of course more than likely if it was stolen, the schlub who did it hasn't a clue about tiki gardens, and its headed to the landfill as I type.
Such is life sometimes.
TG

That's horrible! I know the tray you're talking about. I thought it was great when you won the bid. Maybe it will turn up somehow.

That sucks TG - triple check with the Post Office - the one in Montrose seems to be as incompetent as they come...

i hate theiving postmen, some posty swiped my parcel that contained eight back issues of tiki news. hope you get your parcle in the end.

gonna run all the usual checks, post the sign in the lobby, hit up the post office, light a jah stick at the alter of Syd Barret, etc.
It unfortunately arrived while I was on vacation in Tahoe, but our lobby has a coded entry lock, so unless someone slipped in right behind someone, it's either in someones apartment in my building, or it set there, and the post man picked it up after seeing it in the lobby for a couple of days.
Thats the one I'm hoping for.
TG

Good luck....hope it turns up at the Post Office. I was gnashing my teeth a couple of weeks ago as I'd expected a couple of packages & thought the postman might have left them outside the house. (And then stolen by local kids). I found them both at the Post Office attached to a parcel I was supposed to collect from 3 weeks earlier.

Anyway, don't lose hope just yet!

Trader Woody

On 2002-08-22 13:32, Trader Woody wrote:
Good luck....hope it turns up at the Post Office. I was gnashing my teeth a couple of weeks ago as I'd expected a couple of packages & thought the postman might have left them outside the house. (And then stolen by local kids). I found them both at the Post Office attached to a parcel I was supposed to collect from 3 weeks earlier.

Anyway, don't lose hope just yet!

Trader Woody

Oh, after having dealt with the Brooklyn Ny post office, I expect anything. Having had final delivery notices delivered, despite never having recieved a primary notice that they missed me, and it turns out that the package had been sitting in their bins for 3 weeks, to postmen who made wonder aloud to them why it was always the postal workers shooting each other, and not the customers shooting them ( which didn't seem to go over very well! ). I mean Saturday Night Live did a skit on The Brooklyn Post Office, so you know it has to be bad. Heck if Monty Python had encountered this kind of ineptitude, they'd have had a whole seasons worth of material.
TG

Pages: 1 6 replies