Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the new tiki at sams seafood

Pages: 1 12 replies

Ok, I know I am going to get blasted for this, but at easter brunch at sams today ,I noticed a new tiki at the door. Who carved it and when did it go in?.The thing is about 6 ft high and brightly colored. Oh, I did look in the search area for this before posting....

I just saw that thing a couple of weeks ago too. I wonder where it came from? Did they have it in storage or are they buying new tikis because of our interest in the place? Cool tiki.

I saw a colourful tiki outside Sams on March 6th. I took my photo with it cause it was the first tiki I saw when I arrived in LA. When I get home (I'm at the future in-laws right now) I'll post the pic.

On 2004-04-11 20:44, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
Ok, I know I am going to get blasted for this, but at easter brunch at sams today ,I noticed a new tiki at the door. Who carved it and when did it go in?.The thing is about 6 ft high and brightly colored. Oh, I did look in the search area for this before posting....

You didn’t mention if you liked it or not.

Unga, if it's tiki, it's good !.I told the shy asian mgr that I loved the new tiki and he seemed pleased.But when I tried to buy the now barely recognizable boat that sits over the cash register that has been falling apart for years......no luck!

Is this the one?

That's my gracious host (and cuzzin) Wrongdimensionboy and myself in front of the tiki about 5 weeks ago:
I did a brightness/contrast adjust on the tiki itself so as to better show it's features.

Nice tiki! OA Hawaiian War God?

tis the tiki!, thank you for posting a photo. I am seldom without my trusty camera, but on that day.......

This tiki is now gone from out front of sam's seafood. Did it get moved inside? did someone "liberate" it? any info?

On 2006-07-24 07:42, Polynesiac wrote:
This tiki is now gone from out front of sam's seafood. Did it get moved inside? did someone "liberate" it? any info?

Oh No! I just saw it the other day out in front! A day late and a tiki short!

So badly do i want to go down there with bolt cutters and take a couple of those tiki chained to the poles etc. But I know that would be wrong, il;legal, and bad ju ju. But I know they will disapear, because there are others that aren't as morally upright as I.

Ok off my soapbox now,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

stuff is going missing. There are now a few boarded up windows. who's taking this stuff?

Why has nobody gotten in contact with the owner about purchasing this stuff!!, do you really want this stuff to end up like kelbos?, 90% in the dumpster!!.

Pages: 1 12 replies