Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hey southlanders: Closest hotel/motel to the Tiki-Ti?

Pages: 1 6 replies

M

What is the closest acceptable hotel/motel to the Tiki-Ti? Not nice, just acceptable (e.g. motel 6)

Isn't there something in staggering distance?

Thanks in advance.

[ Edited by: martiki on 2004-04-12 11:40 ]

There's a Travelodge a third of a mile away, on Vermont:

1401 N Vermont Ave
(323) 665-5735

I

My last 3-4 times in L.A. I have stayed at the above mentioned Travelodge on North Vermont - the main reason being that it is about a 15 minute walk from the Tiki Ti. Also very close (perhaps a 8 minute walk)are the La Luz de Jesus Gallery and Wacko store combo, and Marty and Elayne performing at the Dresden Room.

I've had no complaints at all about the Travelodge based on my past visits.

Vern

T

I rate the Travelodge on Vermont two feet up! Clean, convenient, friendly, and cheap. The neighborhood isn't bad, so you can stagger back to your room from the Tiki Ti or Dresden Room. But bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

M

thanks for the tip- reservation made!

Just don't try to park there! For Night o' the Tiki @ La Luz, I paid for 4 rooms and we only used 1 car/parking space and by the time the night was over, they didn't have a single parking spot. I asked the night guy there about it and he went off in a tyrate - never staying there again. hate 'em.
Holden

We stayed there too. Decent. Just watch out for the parking poles that jump out at you!

Pages: 1 6 replies